Chicago Mayor Wants Statewide Handgun Registration

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Wanderer

Re: Chicago Mayor Wants Statewide Handgun Registration

Postby Wanderer » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:01 am

Here's the latest firearm idiocy to come out of Illinois. From the pages of Gun Digest.
http://www.gundigest.com/news/illinois- ... id=3420319

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:08 am

"Idiocy" is being WAAAAY too kind!

This is unbelievable....combs, keys, and if that doesn't work make yourself vomit to, "be less attractive"!!!!
I thought this was a parody piece until I read it.

This is right up there with Marie Antionette's famous....."Let them eat cake" statement that earned her a trip to the gulllitione.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Big Horse

Postby Big Horse » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:38 am

I just got off the phone with Mike McConnell from WGN radio. He's having a guest on this morning to talk about these new proposals for firearms registry, and he wanted some preparatory answers on the subject. No big surprise, but evidently no one there has a FOID card. His assistant is a good friend of mine from our home town, and evidently I popped into her mind as the one who should answer his questions. I hope I gave him the appropriate information.
Live to Hunt, Hunt to Live.

Big Horse

Postby Big Horse » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:00 am

BTW, I believe both the handgun registry/ tax scheme and the 2% ammo tax passed out of committee to go to the House floor.

Keep hammering your congress critters!

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:49 am

If all else fails.... the State of Indiana is accepting immigrants from Illinois.
No FOID cards
No waiting period on handguns or long guns
As far as I know, we've not had a Governor convicted of a felony in quite awhile
Life CCW license for $75.00... honored in 24 states
Come on over

Big Horse

Postby Big Horse » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:09 am

Wanderer wrote:If all else fails.... the State of Indiana is accepting immigrants from Illinois.
No FOID cards
As far as I know, we've not had a Governor convicted of a felony in quite awhile
Come on over

I live 13 miles from the border, don't think the thought hasn't crossed my mind. And my letters to Mitch Daniels to throw his hat in the ring for the presidency fell on deaf ears. :(

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:21 pm

Honestly guys, I can't believe what your politicians keep coming up with. You need to get these clowns voted out of office. Here's the latest..
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02 ... mmo-sales/

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Wanderer wrote:If all else fails.... the State of Indiana is accepting immigrants from Illinois.
No FOID cards
Come on over

You only paid 75.00 bucks for your lifetime CCW in Rochester/Fulton County?
I think I paid 100 or 125 for mine (Shelbyville) and that was with a discount because I already had my 4 year CCW and was renewing.

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:35 pm

Big Horse wrote:I live 13 miles from the border, don't think the thought hasn't crossed my mind. And my letters to Mitch Daniels to throw his hat in the ring for the presidency fell on deaf ears. :(

Living that close I don't see why you don't unless the Indiana county that is closest to you is on Eastern Time and that would be a headache for you when it comes to your job.

As far as Mitch Daniels not running for President. He has to many skeletons and baggage in his closet. If he wasn't married, he probably would have ran.

Big Horse

Postby Big Horse » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:50 pm

Bryan78 wrote:
Big Horse wrote:I live 13 miles from the border, don't think the thought hasn't crossed my mind. And my letters to Mitch Daniels to throw his hat in the ring for the presidency fell on deaf ears. :(

Living that close I don't see why you don't unless the Indiana county that is closest to you is on Eastern Time and that would be a headache for you when it comes to your job.

As far as Mitch Daniels not running for President. He has to many skeletons and baggage in his closet. If he wasn't married, he probably would have ran.

Job has a residency requirement. :(

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic