rage 3s

Goose

RE: rage 3s

Postby Goose » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:34 pm

DEERCAMP, youll be glad you got em. The practice head also has a rubber oring on it but when that one breaks I dont replace it because it is not needed and Id rather have the orings for the real heads. Ive shot deer with these heads and then use the same head for turkey just replace the oring.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:28 pm

Ihope I do like them... I noticed when shooting today that the practice head shot a LOT different than the feild head. I was shocked. A buddy of mine couldnt believe the difference either. We thought maybe it was just that the feild head was dinged or somthing. When I shot another one it was still off. I then noticed that O rings had fell off both. I was wondering where can I buy these O-RINGS AT? Also when you put it back together is there a certain way? Like can the blades touch the oring? Im scared to use them after they shot like this.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Lot to Learn

Postby Lot to Learn » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:12 am

Goose thanks.   I also shot the practice tip and was low for me as compared to field tips. I shot from the ground at 20,30,40  easy adjustment for me(didn't adjust my sights, I want to shoot the broadheads 1st before I actually change sights. Shooting great with field points out to 60). I also shot from a 14' platform down at 10 yds and shot very close to field point. So I think I am okay.  Our season in IL starts 10/1 so I will do a some doe hunting and figure it out, only close shots so I know I will get a kill and not wound and lose, but will able to judge how I am shooting. I am pretty sure I just need to get bow tuned and should be okay.
Friends when Elk hunting last mo in CO.  I don't have the details before someone calls BS on this, but I was told guy was at full dray on calf, calf wouldn't turn so he took front neck shot using rage.  Arrow went all the way through and about 6" out the rear end.   I don't know draw weight, length, distance, etc.. I can find out, but in any case pretty impressive.

Goose

Postby Goose » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:17 am

The oring is what holds the blades in, the blades lock into the orings. For putting a new one on I slide it over the threads then into the groove. Im surprised that the heads are shooting differently for you. fly great for me and I believe there was even a thread not to long ago were everybody said they shot the exact same. Sorry to hear that, wish I could be of better help. best of luck! 
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

b phat

Postby b phat » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:37 pm

2nd day of season and stuck my first deer this season. I was useing rage 2 blade all I got to say is she didnt go far. what a hole

Panman1949

Postby Panman1949 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:12 pm

Loved my Rage 3 blades until tonight, now, I don't know.  I shot my first deer with a bow tonight at twelve yards.  A small buck that was almost straight down from my stand.  I shot and the deer flipped straight backwards landing on its back.  No sign that the arrow came out the underside of the deer, and it did not.  I was 1" right of the spine and the deer was pointed straight away from me.  He kicked around and stopped after a minute or so.  He tried to get up, and it looked like he would, so I sent another one his way.  It hit right behind the shoulder, quarted away, a perfectly placed shot.  Got 8" or 9" of penetration!!!  I shoot a 70# Mathews DXT, Easton Axis 11.1 gr. arrows with a drop a way rest.  The second arrow penetrated as badly as the first!!  I climbed out of my stand and cut the throat of the deer to put it down.  My bow is set up good and I get better penetration than everyone I shoot with, with field points.  I did look at the arrow path of each arrow and could see no reason why either one didn't go through.  The one did hit a rib, but only grazed it.  I will hunt with this head the rest of the season to see if something was odd with this kill, but will not hunt another season if I get one more repeat of this one.  I still can't believe what I saw out of this blade.  So far I am very disappointed.  Panman
Be Aware, Bikes are Everywhere!!

marshall9779

Postby marshall9779 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:34 am

I bought some 3 blades this year. I haven't had any experience with them yet. Should have had some feedback from 2 weekends ago but didn't get a shot. Hopefully I can provide some feedback after tomorrow.

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:08 am

ORIGINAL: Panman1949

Loved my Rage 3 blades until tonight, now, I don't know.  I shot my first deer with a bow tonight at twelve yards.  A small buck that was almost straight down from my stand.  I shot and the deer flipped straight backwards landing on its back.  No sign that the arrow came out the underside of the deer, and it did not.  I was 1" right of the spine and the deer was pointed straight away from me.  He kicked around and stopped after a minute or so.  He tried to get up, and it looked like he would, so I sent another one his way.  It hit right behind the shoulder, quarted away, a perfectly placed shot.  Got 8" or 9" of penetration!!!  I shoot a 70# Mathews DXT, Easton Axis 11.1 gr. arrows with a drop a way rest.  The second arrow penetrated as badly as the first!!  I climbed out of my stand and cut the throat of the deer to put it down.  My bow is set up good and I get better penetration than everyone I shoot with, with field points.  I did look at the arrow path of each arrow and could see no reason why either one didn't go through.  The one did hit a rib, but only grazed it.  I will hunt with this head the rest of the season to see if something was odd with this kill, but will not hunt another season if I get one more repeat of this one.  I still can't believe what I saw out of this blade.  So far I am very disappointed.  Panman

You just made me stick 2 muzzy's back in my quiver for the days that im just not feeling the rage.
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

b phat

Postby b phat » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:26 am

I am useing rage 2 blade for the first time. Took a nice doe 2 nd day of season. Cant belive the hole and she only went 30 yards or less.

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:03 pm

Prairieshadow, I would just stick to the rage 2 blades there have been no probs that I know of but have heard probs with the 3 blade. 2 blade cuts a bigger hole anyways..

I would rather shoot a field tip at a deer than a muzzy

PreviousNext

Return to Broadheads