Donald Trump Jr. Yes, I Killed Those Animals ...

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Oakarver

Donald Trump Jr. Yes, I Killed Those Animals ...

Postby Oakarver » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:31 pm

Donald Trump Jr. Yes, I Killed Those Animals ... and I'm PROUD of It!

http://www.tmz.com/2012/03/12/donald-trump-jr-hunt-safari-responds-animal/#.T16jQHmDmSo

Donald Trump Jr. says he bears NO SHAME for slaughtering a bunch of exotic animals in Africa last year ... claiming all of his kills were used to feed local villagers.

TMZ broke the story ... DTJ is coming under fire for a series of pics which show him posing with his brother in front of several dead animals after a hunt last year -- even showing off a severed elephant tail.

Now, Trump Jr. is DEFENDING the hunt on Twitter ... writing, " I have no shame about [the pics]. I HUNT & EAT game ... I'm a hunter, for that I make no apologies."

He explained, "I can assure you it was not wasteful ... the villagers were so happy for the meat which they don't often get to eat. Very grateful."

"These are not endangered animals as an fyi."

As TMZ previously reported, Donald's sons -- Donald Jr. and Eric -- went on a hunting safari in Zimbabwe a year ago this month, and killed an elephant, crocodile, kudu, civet cat and waterbuck.

Ohio farms

Re: Donald Trump Jr. Yes, I Killed Those Animals ...

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:37 pm

Ok, so what is your point exactly.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Oakarver

Postby Oakarver » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:46 pm

There is no point. Just posting a news story..just like anything else that gets posted around here.

I'm not a fan of that type of hunting..have no desire to even go out of the country..but it is nice to see him standing up to the anti-hunters.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:28 pm

I'm with you on that. I would have no desire to hunt Africa, but I don't really have a problem with those that do. The locals are certainly happy to have the extra protein, I'm just not sure that I would enjoy just shooting animals for the thrill alone.
I wasn't trying to poke you with a stick, just wondering how you felt about the article since you posted it. Sorry if you thought I was trying to offend you Oakarver.
Last edited by Ohio farms on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oakarver

Postby Oakarver » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:25 pm

No problemo.

It would have been smart to have pictures with those locals. Feasting even 8-) Maybe such pictures are out there...

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:54 am

I would actually LOVE to do an African safari. I don't think I'd want to hunt a lion or anything, but I think it would be awesome just have that experience in such a different landscape. I might shoot an elephant, but only if it was in a region where the elephant herds have become problematic for the locals. It's amazing how people think elephants are almost extinct when there are places so overrun with them that the locals can't hardly keep even a garden to help feed themselves.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

SwampLife

Postby SwampLife » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:50 am

Oakarver wrote:
I'm not a fan of that type of hunting..have no desire to even go out of the country..but it is nice to see him standing up to the anti-hunters.

My thought exactly.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.

BigIron

Postby BigIron » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:43 pm

I fully support all that he did. I support thrill kills for those animals too. Because I know that a market guarantees the survival of those animals, and an improvement in lifestyle for the people of Africa. And Lord knows those people could use some upgrading in the lifestyle dept.

If no human ate them, then something else would. You folks do know that it's all recycled right? Why does it have to be consumed by humans and/or killed for the "right" reasons for you to endorse it?
I'd rather be a fencepost in Texas than king of the world.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:39 am

BigIron wrote:I fully support all that he did. I support thrill kills for those animals too. Because I know that a market guarantees the survival of those animals, and an improvement in lifestyle for the people of Africa. And Lord knows those people could use some upgrading in the lifestyle dept.

If no human ate them, then something else would. You folks do know that it's all recycled right? Why does it have to be consumed by humans and/or killed for the "right" reasons for you to endorse it?
...Bigiron

I have no problem with your first paragraph, but I just don't care to participate. Your second paragraph seems to endorse wanton killing. To kill an animal and just let it rot where it fell for the thrill is not, IMO, justified by recycling. (I'll let the "you folks" comment slide.)

BigIron

Postby BigIron » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:13 am

OF, I am not implying that you or I should participate in anything. I however kill all the time and don't eat what I kill. I kill yotes, jackrabbits, coons, foxes, badgers, and various and sundry other vermin.

I also kill deer, pigs, turkeys, exotics, doves and quail. I choose to eat these. I choose not to eat the above and feed the buzzards and worms.

What I choose to eat and what I choose to feed vermin with is strictly personal preference. And I really don't care if folks look down on me from a rather lofty perch because they think they are somehow better because they choose not to do what I do.

What someone chooses to do within the limits of the law does not ruffle my feathers one way or the other.

Forgot to mention, I don't bother with rib cages and other flesh of the deer. I pretty much just strap them, cut the quarters and tenders and use the rest to try to draw coyotes out so I can kill them and leave them for the buzzards.

My buzzards LOOOOVE me.

Question OF: If a yote walks out in front of you, would you shoot it? And then... would you eat it? Just curious.
I'd rather be a fencepost in Texas than king of the world.

Next

Return to Breaking News