early spring...

Your place to discuss ways the habitats for deer can be improved!
msbadger

early spring...

Postby msbadger » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:13 am

Has been a God send..so far that is....rough for "maplers" and hard on peas and spinach...but great getting fruit trees planted and sprayed....weed spraying in fields ...liming and mowing the sorghum and corn stubble....early plots planted....now I need to dig the fence post holes...no biggy and clean up and till the garden....I'm not missing guys standing on our roofs shoveling snow in March...though...winters not over until Tuesday ;) Wedsday we are supose to be in the low 80's 8-) :D
Attachments
IMG_0854_1b.JPG
IMG_0854_1b.JPG (81.29 KiB) Viewed 2852 times
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

Ohio farms

Re: early spring...

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:54 am

NE Ohio has had a very mild winter so far. It's been in the 70's all week. A little global warming goes a long way. ;)
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:45 am

Reality came back and things got cold again...a very little snow and some due this week but a few real hard freezes that have the farmers alfalfa and clover fields looking pretty sad...light green and wilted...the winter wheat has waves of yellow running through it...I'm talking 6 inch tall wheat....not good...but still I have one early plot up and growing....and a lot of liming done....16 fence post set and I'm tilling garden in a little bit to plant onions and spinach....lots of rock raking ...due to little snow and freezing ground....but easy because they are all laying on the surface of the un-tilled ground

Hope you all are ahead in plans as well

KevinRoberto

Postby KevinRoberto » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:19 am

The global warming has affected all the weather conditions. Meteorological department is also finding it difficult to predict the environmental conditions. The weather is either extremely cold or extremely hot.

expert immobilier

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:24 am

So much for the ground hogs early spring...Temps won't be out of the low to mid 20's all week and 2-4 in of snow predicted each day...so far they are correct...14in in the woods and getting difficult to maneuver.....dropping trees every day the wind isn't blowing and the tops are getting hit hard...along with my apple trees :(

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:37 am

Didn't we have to have those same two guys from 2011 come back and shovel the roof two days ago!!...but alas not before the darn thing started leaking like a sieve.. :roll: Hhmm that will have to be addressed when the new roof goes on and before the porch becomes an addition...We have warmer temps due starting tomorrow...not soon enough for me ;)

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:22 am

msbadger, with Easter coming early this spring, I'm planning on waiting about two extra weeks before planting my plots this year. We haven't been getting anywhere near the cold weather y'all have, but there's always that last freeze right around Easter, so couple that with the colder and wetter than normal winter we're experiencing I figured an extra week or two might make sense. Will you have to do some tree top removal prior to planting this year? I know I'm going to have to pull downed trees out of the way to cut my fire lines before I can begin planting.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:27 pm

Yes sir...lots of tops broke out of maples and several downed trees..how they manage to find my paths is beyond me...lol

stevenjackson

Postby stevenjackson » Wed May 15, 2013 6:04 am

msbadger wrote:Has been a God send..so far that is....rough for "maplers" and hard on peas and spinach...but great getting fruit trees planted and sprayed....weed spraying in fields ...liming and mowing the sorghum and corn stubble....early plots planted....now I need to dig the fence post holes...no biggy and clean up and till the garden....I'm not missing guys standing on our roofs shoveling snow in March...though...winters not over until Tuesday ;) Wedsday we are supose to be in the low 80's 8-) :D
Looks like you guys about knocked out that roof

Return to Natural Habitat Enhancements