hunting wives

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Goose

RE: hunting wives

Postby Goose » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:30 am

My wife has sat with me gun hunting never saw a kill shot but has seen em dead and being gutted out. She also watches all the hunting shows with me which is nice. She goes to take her hunter safety test tonight so maybe shell get her first deer this year. I am looking forward to it.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

burnnurse1

Postby burnnurse1 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:47 am

I can't get her to watch the hunting shows. She thinks it's funny when the guys are whispering even after they have made the kill. I think she describes the show's as mind numbing!!!

Goose

Postby Goose » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:03 pm

She got her license tonight! Cant wait for her to get her first deer. I cant wait!!!
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

8uck5nort

Postby 8uck5nort » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:14 am

My wife is a Brooklyn, NY city girl. However, last year I did get her to sit with me for an afternoon bow hunt. Its a two man stand I have set up in a funnel area, but nothing showed and she fell asleep on my shoulder.

She is an excellent cook and does not mind cooking up deer. She has never seen a kill shot or field dressing, but I can actualy hang them overnight in the garage now.[8D] Working on her to let me start butcher my own, but we are still working on that.
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

NWPAHunter

Postby NWPAHunter » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:48 am

My wife does it all, not to the extreme that I do. But she has taken a doe with an Inline. Her first buck was a 13" wide 10 pt a week later she shot her second doe. and a deer with 1 1/2" spikes she thought was a doe. I guided her to all 4 and I was with her for 2 of the killls pushed the 3rd to her and about 500yrds away when she corked the fourth one. She has missed 2 with her Hoyt, and Only made it out once so far this season. I love having her out there with me. The ONLY downfall is she is VERY picky about her stands everything must be extremely comfortable and set up just perfect or I hear about it til I get it right!!!!!  LOL, But its worth every second.
My 9 yr old daughter is already a hunting nut. She missed a 3 pt with her rifle last fall. Shes drawing 34lbs in a Bowtech Edge and I will be taking her to a pop up blind and a couple other sets where I hope deer will come within 12 yrdsor less. Mentored youth Squirrel starts Saturday and I will be taking her out and forgoing a morning archery hunt.
My 5 year old is foaming at the mouth  to try to shoot squirrels with his Savage Cub 22 that he got for his birthday, I may take him for a walk one night after work next week.... PA's Mentored Youth Opportunies ROCK

Previous

Return to General Discussions