What bargain did you spot today?

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
kellory

Re: What bargain did you spot today?

Postby kellory » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:38 pm

Sailfish wrote:tomcat must be a local thing............not seeing it online

I blew up the photo I took of it. It is a Big Dog treestand. Fixed position. flat padded sear, 18 X 25 in platform, flip up seat, weighs 17.5 lbs any questions, ask.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Update on Menards. Being a large chain, there may be one near you. They still have after season hunting gear on sale. I stopped in and got a list of what MY local store still has and current sale prices. Each store will have diffrent stuff in store right now, but the prices are good.

(31) seat cushions $6 each. (I am rounding all prices up to full dollars to keep it simple.)
(18) 46" rifle cases by Guideman $5 each
(2) Strikezone soft compound bow cases $8 each
(10) 52" shotgun cases $5 each (I bought 2)
(21) Tomcat fixed position treestands $29 each
(1) Fortress fixed position treestand $40 each
(17) bearcat xl fixed position treestand $45 each
(3) hotfoot16' climbing stick by Timberstrike $38 each (I have seen these at $140.)
(13) sky raider 15' ladder treestand $45 each
(3) double vision 15' ladder 2 man treestand $ 75 each
(1) command tower enclosure blind and frame$50 each
(32) stalker blind (pop up) $35 each
(15)blaze orange flex steel blind cap $11 each
(19) blaze orange hub blind cap $11 each
(384) tree step anchors (large) szts-1 $1.19 each
(264) tree step anchors xlarge szts-2 $1.49 each
They also have camo, full zippered hoodies for less than $8 each
I will most likely pick up a couple of these items for this years hunt! At these prices, I may set up a couple of hang on stands with tree stairs (less likely to walk away) or use the climbing sticks and keep them in the trailer after I hang the stands! (until the hunt)

Anyone else find any other great deals? These are NOT advertised sales, just left over from last year. Good hunting! ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:58 pm

jeez u guys have some awesome deals up north
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:56 pm

Sailfish wrote:jeez u guys have some awesome deals up north

Why else would I post it? I didn't even know Menards sold hunting gear until about a year ago, when I stumbled upon it in the store while picking up a special order door. Check them out, if you have one near you, they might even have a web site. Or perhaps send money to a friend and have them pick up and hold stuff for you (if you don't have a local store) and pick it up at a later time. (maybe during that fishing trip you told us about! :D ) Who knows? ;)

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:22 pm

Sailfish, the closest one I can see to you (Florida) is on the Kentucky/Indiana border. Store locator doesn't show anything closer, though there are quite a lot of them.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:48 pm

I head up in Nov to MI every year and we go to a Menards.
Sadly thats peak hunting season.......$$$$$$

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:13 pm

Now at Walmart, Seventh Generation, free and clear, scent free, dye free, biodegradable, laundry soap. 100oz. (66 loads) $12.54 plus tax
Just in time for hunting season prep. ;)

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:17 am

Is that regular laundry soap...not hunting laundry soap?....for the scent ...and dye free still sometimes...have UV brighteners in them...
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:58 pm

msbadger wrote:Is that regular laundry soap...not hunting laundry soap?....for the scent ...and dye free still sometimes...have UV brighteners in them...

This soap ia one of the soaps listed in threads good for hunting. and much cheaper. I searched for it by name, and found where to get it. Quote from label" We Disclose All Ingredients"
Seventh Generation 2X concentrated laundry soap (free and clear).jpg
Seventh Generation 2X concentrated laundry soap (free and clear).jpg (371.52 KiB) Viewed 2750 times

No UV brighteners that I could find.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:01 am

Not a bad deal at $144
http://www.camofire.com/
1 hour left though

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic