dominance is everything

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
beaverman05

dominance is everything

Postby beaverman05 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi everybody
I was recently at a semniar and heard about a program called dominance is everything(D.I.E.) and the inventor said by following his system that in a four day hunt he would have the dominated buck within 35 yards. Has anybody heard of this or know anyone who has used it?

Woods Walker

Re: dominance is everything

Postby Woods Walker » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:15 pm

No, and at $50.00 I'm not too anxious to find out. That's mighty expensive snake oil!

He claims that if you use his "system" that you become invisible to dominant bucks and they can't smell you either.

Wait...I know.....APRIL FOOL'S DAY! You got me!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Bowriter

Postby Bowriter » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:00 pm

Never heard of it but I wonder what he does in areas where there is no dominant buck. My take is, that is pure recycled pasture. I put him right up there with the guys who are calling me every day wanting to repair my roof and the fellow with two ounce bottle of snake oil.

shaman

Postby shaman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:27 am

I'm not sure you even want the dominant buck in the first place. I always say that I'm not out to kill Bambi, nor Bambi's father. I'm out to kill Bambi's aging grandfather. The really big ones are well past fighting for dominance. They leave it to the younger guys. The really big ones have eating, sleeping, and avoiding hunters as their top priorities and eschew breeding almost completely.

Save the $50, and send it to me. I'll send you a shamanic Anti-Telepathy Hat, an Anti-DST clock , and I'll even throw in some shamanic Cover Scent Gum.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

eberhaar863828

Postby eberhaar863828 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:14 am

I went to the same seminar too. For me the guy lost credibility when his seminar started to feel like an infomercial. I also became skeptical when the first two things he said to be facts i know were untrue. Deer are not colorblind. In fact they can see yellow, some shades of blue, and ultraviolet. Secondly he stated that deer will never use the same bed that they are chased out of by human pressure. In my experience, i have bumped some deer weather it was from shed hunting, chainsawing, ect. and have seen the deer back in the same place at a later time. Yes, they might avoid the area for a few hours or days but they will come back to that area because that is where they feel safe. If they didn't they wouldn't be bedding there in the first place. While I'm sure his presentation and book are filled with some correct information and he seemed like he believed in his system i would never buy his book. I thought a lot of the true things he said were pretty basic information that most hunters should know. Also, I had to laugh at the guy he had sold his property walk around to. I know where the lease he was talking about outside Black River Falls is. I, and quite a few of my relatives live and own land in the area. Let me tell you the property he leased was probably not real good because that area took a huge hit in deer numbers after we had EAB in the area. He would of been better off trying to find something further west in the county.
Ducks

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:38 am

I would say as a general rule of thumb.....stay away from anyone who insists that they have deer completely figured out....

Certain practices may have some truth to them but a ''blanket theory '' esp. about deer is usually wrong...deer behave differently from one piece of land to another...and deer like people Do have individual charcteristics....there's way too much to learn about deer behavior to have a ''foolproof'' one case scenario...just my 2 cents- :D When the ''deer'' is the teacher i listen EVERY TIME.

Swannie

Postby Swannie » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:38 am

Interesting listening to these comments. Why not learn something new? I hunted 50 years and have shot more bucks than years, I have a PhD. Also I have been to 2 seminars, indoor, outdoor, read the book and had Bob come for a one-on-one. This is for real. I learned more in 1 day than in 50 years of hunting.

shaman

Postby shaman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:44 pm

Folks around here know me as one of the biggest hunting curmudgeons to ever come down the pike. If Bob wants to submit his system to the Blackhole Institute for Advanced Whitetail Studies, I will personally put it to the test. If it works as he says, I will use whatever means I have to let the world know what success it brought me. Otherwise, I will remain skeptical.

Our top intern, Scooter, has recovered enough from his injuries testing the link between Daylight Savings Time and buck activity that I think he can also help out on this project. I'll have to re-assign him from testing the Cover Scent Gum project, but I'm sure that after the nausea clears up,he'll be game.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Bowriter

Postby Bowriter » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:55 am

Please, who is this Guru of whitetail wisdom? Bob??? Bob who? Not Bob Kirchener, the scent or maybe call guy from PA? He is far too smart to try and put that one over.

Bob who???

oltone

Postby oltone » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 am

I will tell you it works........it works everytime, if you know what your doing. I am not paid to say this, he (Bob Mercier) is not family and i too was an unbeliever. Reading some of the things said here are just not true. Deer do see in black and white ,they do have limited vision with other colors, but 80% of what they see is black and white. Using the things bob has told me , has allowed me to get closer to deer then ever before. Second, every herd has a dominant buck.....its just that most hunters will never see one in there life. My final thought is this........look at the deer he has got(every year consistantly) on the wall. All of them are giants. I have used it just once last year and got a 16 pt buck that scored 189. I will use it again this week for bow and in two weeks for gun season. Almost for got about the 8 pt my dad shot using the DIE system.......24 1/2 inside spread. THIS IS NO JOKE.......IT WORKS

Next

Return to General Discussions