Deer Czar Recommendations?

Dan Salmon

Re: Deer Czar Recommendations?

Postby Dan Salmon » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:49 pm

Are you talking about the same Walker I've watched put political favors in power at the DNR and in several other positions in the state? While he's done somethings different, the old saying "the more things change, the more they stay the same" still applies.

Politicians are politicians, plain and simple. It doesn't matter the party.

bullwinkle

Postby bullwinkle » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:10 pm

True Dan. Good point

I lived for a while in the South, the biologists run the deer program not politicians. You point out another problem, as I see it, the politicians will never give up deer control in Wisconsin.

I still have a lot of hope in Walker. He stood up against the unions, with teh Czar's report, this should be a layup for him if he wants to make it an issue. There are 600,000 deer hunting voters he can play to.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:51 pm

Bullwinkle,

You are right, biologists should be running the show, but they aren't and the last several attempts to reverse this faux pas has been resisted even by the Republicans. There is too much power concentrated in the DNR with regard to environmental controls, permitting, etc. that have nothing to do with game, fish and parks for the agency to ever give the reins back to someone outside of the Governor's Cabinet.

That's why, in my opinion, the Game, Fish and Parks parts should be a wholly separate entity. I don't think you get any respect for the department back until that happens and is probably why you get the attitude from the DNR employees that you do. They (DNR Employees) know that as long as they are under a Cabinet Positions leadership, their hands are tied.

The chain needs to be broken.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:38 pm

bullwinkle wrote:waiting for an applogy.

Since you clearly didnt read the reply the first time around, it seem I have to post it again.

Not even close. First off, watch this video. After he and I shared a few emails discussing your B.S. , he speaks directly to you Bullwinkle. Pay attention to where he again talks about the rumor you started about recommendations and how none exist at this point. :lol:

http://www.drdeer.com/

But anyway, you seem to think an apology is in order. That’s funny but lets talk about that. You said:

“Ok, I heard some scoop from some close to the Deer Czar. Susposedly some of his recommendation are going to be:”

OK, lets stop right there. This is a preliminary report (problem statement) There were no recommendations in this preliminary report. I’m surprised this is so hard for some to come to terms with. This means any and all of the “Recommendations” you want to think you predicted have not happened. Now, lets continue, shall we? You said

“1. Start over the the deer estimating system. He is very critical to the DNR processes and their understanding the size of the deer herd.”

Yes, he has been saying that for a while and even before the report. Look at his web site and the video interviews. He talks critical of SAK every time. I and others have been saying it for years so is that really some sort of inside info? Next you said:

“2. Start over with the registration system - I love this one personnally, hope it is true”

He does not say to start over with the registration system anywhere in the report. He said it should be modernized, not start over. Next you said:

“3. Start over with the rules book. He said there are too many bolt on rules and in collection it is a mess and needs a complete overhaul.”

Can you show me that in the prelim report?? This next one I love most of all. You said:

“4. He is not impressed with some of the DNR staff - rumor is there will be blood at end of this”

Where is the blood? You want to claim some insight and there is nothing at all to indicate anybody from the DNR will be fired, or bloody. Show me that in the report. Get real. This was one of the best ways to tell you were pulling this all out of your arse. :lol: :lol: Then you said:

“5. Move the deer management to a county by county basis. Get rid of deer management units.”

I found this one funny. I invite you to show me anywhere in the report where that is even mentioned. So you want an apology huh? Well here goes. I am sorry that you blew this so bad and you have been exposed. I don’t think “I told you so” is a strong enough term to use here. Epic failure comes to mind. :lol: :lol: :lol:

bullwinkle

Postby bullwinkle » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:08 pm

Another case of CWD was found up North. This should help the Dr Czar's case against the CWD management. It seems to me that we have enough data to make the case that we have pockets of CWD throughout the state and country.

wurzgj01

Postby wurzgj01 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:03 pm

N/A
Last edited by wurzgj01 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

umpiremark

Postby umpiremark » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:59 am

"Don’t be too hard on Bullwinkle. I’m sure he means well ..."

Stop being such an annoying narcissist ... you know it's you I cannot stand to see on here.

" ... but you will want to know that this site has whole areas dedicated to the things you mention. "

Sure, I know that but you seem to polute just about everything on here with your one-sided propaganda.
One day my ship will come in!! My luck, I'll be at the airport.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:18 am

umpiremark wrote: Yes, sometimes I tend to throw tedious tantrums here. My bad

When I cant refute or match you I tend to slip into personal attacks to compensate. Its a character flaw I am working on.

I fixed it for you Mark. Its what I read and what you are attempting to say but you couldnt get your words out. I'm glad I could help. :lol:

Previous

Return to Wisconsin