nighttime deer

Your place to discuss ways the habitats for deer can be improved!
JPH

RE: nighttime deer

Postby JPH » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:30 am

ORIGINAL: GTOHunter
 ...Deer having been moving mostly at night but are starting to get out a little more as colder weather is setting and with the Doe's getting closer to their Estrous Cycle and the Bucks going into Rut the action/movement will only increase and get better!

Yeah, and then rifle season opens. [:@]

ReflexHunter

Postby ReflexHunter » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:58 am

GErnest, I have the same situation on my property with the deer showing up at night on my camera.  Here's my situation, I have usually about 7 or 8 bucks show up on a perennial scrape every year, usually between 10pm and 3am.  So hunting that exact spot during light is useless for the most part.  Just because deer don't show up on your camera during shooting hours doesn't mean they don't come through your property during light.  I hunt about 150 yards from the spot I get the pics and have seen a number of these bucks during the morning hours of the rut.  The trick that I have found that works for me is to get on a travel route near the area where you see the bucks on your camera.  Hope that helps.   

coach

Postby coach » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:58 am

Here in Ontario Canada....you may not hunt during the night.  Like all other areas of course....but hunting means, chasing, disturbing following....ect.

90 % of my trail pics....and I must have 1000 of them....are at night.  At this time of the year....feeding area is the most important.  So try to slip between bedding and feeding and hold tight.

Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

Previous

Return to Natural Habitat Enhancements