Gun owners 1 Antis 0

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
hunter480

RE: Gun owners 1 Antis 0

Postby hunter480 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:56 pm

You posted a whole of of stuff to say nothing.

Ok, so we already know the animal nuts just don`t get it....

So what?

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:55 pm

I said what I had to say...Take your pick of which issues you (or anyone) wants to side with the antis on and side with hunters on. I just laid out a few of the attacks this one author is responsible for.

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:23 pm

ORIGINAL: hunter480

So what?

it aint just the anti's that dont get it..
So have you ever had any hunting you enjoy banned..
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:42 pm

ORIGINAL: gutpile

So what?

Nope, and it won`t happen here in Indiana. The deer herds MUST be controlled, and we`re the only ticket in town.

But back to the fenced shoots, how can you defent that crap? Especially, as it`s called hunting?

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:11 pm

So what?

Nope, and it won`t happen here in Indiana. The deer herds MUST be controlled, and we`re the only ticket in town.

But back to the fenced shoots, how can you defent that crap? Especially, as it`s called hunting?

Your right it wont happen there, I guess they are not working on birth control for deer..I hope to god I am wrong but you will one day feel the sting of the anti's then you will know my anger and frustration..

I will defend any type of hunting, Tell me the difference between a fenced area and a area with very limited hunting. Let me guess they can leave the non fenced area. A animal that has no pressure or has never had pressure on it will not develop the same flight skills as those in heavily hunted area's thats a fact they wont leave they wont go far. And if they did they would be back.

I guess I really don't care what some one uses their land for, hunt behind a fence, keeps em out of my woods..

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:25 am

... but what a lose to ban or tell someone what they can do on their own land sickens me...

Isn't this what our current conservation laws do already.  I can't just go out on my farm and do as I please, I still have to abide by the laws imposed by the state. 

And let's remember, these laws were put in place for a reason, just as some of the new laws today may be put in place - some will be bad others will be good, hopefully in the end they will all work themselves out.  I am sure there were many market hunters decrying the implementation of certain laws designed to protect wildlife in the early 1900's - no doubt some claimed it would be the end of their profession (I'm glad that it was), or that it would do away with tradition, or even that anti-hunting groups would see it as a victory and exploit it to further their ends. 

Thank god for some of the early conservationist of the time, and that they had the foresight to put aside arguments for the greater good of wildlife conservation.  If they hadn't our hunting opportunities would be much more restricted, by ourselves and our own excesses, not by those who want to see hunting banned.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:47 pm

ORIGINAL: ranwin33

... but what a lose to ban or tell someone what they can do on their own land sickens me...

Isn't this what our current conservation laws do already.  I can't just go out on my farm and do as I please, I still have to abide by the laws imposed by the state. 

And let's remember, these laws were put in place for a reason, just as some of the new laws today may be put in place - some will be bad others will be good, hopefully in the end they will all work themselves out.  I am sure there were many market hunters decrying the implementation of certain laws designed to protect wildlife in the early 1900's - no doubt some claimed it would be the end of their profession (I'm glad that it was), or that it would do away with tradition, or even that anti-hunting groups would see it as a victory and exploit it to further their ends. 

Thank god for some of the early conservationist of the time, and that they had the foresight to put aside arguments for the greater good of wildlife conservation.  If they hadn't our hunting opportunities would be much more restricted, by ourselves and our own excesses, not by those who want to see hunting banned.

The early conservationist were witnessing the animals being wiped out, and laws were needed, not the case anymore, there are to many whitetails, turkey's made a huge comeback, hunters of the early years knew that these laws needed to be implemented to save species from being gone forever.
 But we have the whitetails, who cares were someone shoots one, who cares if it's behind a fence or not. well not me anyway. ya wanna kill a pig behind a fence have fun eat bacon...

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:34 am

The early conservationist were witnessing the animals being wiped out, and laws were needed, not the case anymore, there are to many whitetails, turkey's made a huge comeback, hunters of the early years knew that these laws needed to be implemented to save species from being gone forever.
But we have the whitetails, who cares were someone shoots one, who cares if it's behind a fence or not. well not me anyway. ya wanna kill a pig behind a fence have fun eat bacon...

Personally I don't care if someone shoots an animal in a high fenced enclosure.  I do care when shooting said animal is portrayed as actual hunting, particullarly by certian TV personalities. 

I have hunted pigs in Texas behind a fence - and while it was challenging, in the end I knew I would be shooting a pig.  That to me is not really hunting, to me part of hunting is the "not knowing" if I will have a shot opportunity.  Didn't get any bacon out of him, but the roasts were good eating.

But back to the point of being able to do anything we want on the land we own - well if that were the case we might well be seeing far less game as there would be no game laws applying to us.  The truths we know today may not be the same truths we know in the future.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:28 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: gutpile

Personally I don't care if someone shoots an animal in a high fenced enclosure.  I do care when shooting said animal is portrayed as actual hunting, particullarly by certian TV personalities. 

I have hunted pigs in Texas behind a fence - and while it was challenging, in the end I knew I would be shooting a pig.  That to me is not really hunting, to me part of hunting is the "not knowing" if I will have a shot opportunity.  Didn't get any bacon out of him, but the roasts were good eating.

But back to the point of being able to do anything we want on the land we own - well if that were the case we might well be seeing far less game as there would be no game laws applying to us.  The truths we know today may not be the same truths we know in the future.
[/quote]
I know you cant do anything on your land you want, I was stating that I dont think they need to tell someone they can or can not kill animals behind a fence on their property..In this point the native animals are safe from being shot...

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:01 am

I know you cant do anything on your land you want, I was stating that I dont think they need to tell someone they can or can not kill animals behind a fence on their property..In this point the native animals are safe from being shot...

I understand what you're saying, and to a point I agree.  But I also understand that times change.  There were probably market hunters who a hundred years ago were saying that no one should be telling them how many ducks they could shoot.  Especially when the skies were filled with them.  But today we have laws setting limits.

Maybe the time has come when high fenced hunting is done away with - I suppose what I have to ask myself is, what do we lose if we can't hunt high fenced?  Guess I'm still forming an opinion on this one.
Aldo Leopold

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions