not hunting related

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
msbadger

not hunting related

Postby msbadger » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:44 am

But I want to say Mr. B. and I have been married 29 yrs today....[:D]

JPH

RE: not hunting related

Postby JPH » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:46 am

Let me be the first to offer blessings and congratulations!

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:13 am

Congratulations ! [:D]

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:35 am

Good for you!  Myself and the missus are on #32.

Unfortunately folks like us are now a minority......
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:38 am

Congratulations, my wife and I are on #27, and just married our daughter off this past Saturday.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

shaman

Postby shaman » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:31 am

Congrats!

KYHillChick and I are rapidly approaching our eleventh.

I celebrated my 20th anniversary with Wife #1, Satan, just last August.  I celebrated it with KYHillChick (#2 wife)-- couldn't have had a nicer time of it.  

We visited the spot on the side of the road outside Sudbury, Ontario where Satan got in a snit on our honeymoon and demanded to be let out.  There was nothing on the northern side of that road between her and the Arctic Circle, so a begged and pleaded for her to get back in the car.  As I remember the source of the trouble, I had accidentally gone too long without feeding Satan, and she was getting cranky in want of lunch.  Even though we stopped at a KFC along the road and she put down a sizeable amount of fried dead chicken and the attendant sides, that wasn't enough. She had decided to make me bleed, and after a sizeable amount of verbal abuse heaped on me, she had me stop the car and she got out.  It took quite a bit of pleading to get  hre back in the car and go on to our final destination, the honemoon suite at the Four Seasons in Ottowa.

I reminded her of that day when I announced our divorce, she was shoveling salad into that big puffy maw of hers when I said ,  "Do you remember how you asked to be let out of the car on our honeymoon?  Well, I realize I made a terrible mistake that day not giving you your way.  I should have left you there, and I am going to start right now attempting to remedy the situation."  It at least made her stop eating her salad for a bit.

Anyhow, it was quite fun to have lunch at that KFC again, this time with Wife #2 as well as sons #2 and #3 and visiting the little turnout where I'd pulled the car over just down the road.  It reminded me how much I have enjoyed marraige, once I finally found the right one with whom to share it.

Have a great anniversary.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:50 am

Still trying to figure out what happened with my marriage . I have been married to the same woman for 46 years !

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:25 pm

Very sincere congratulations to all of you that have been with a spouse for many, many years. I`ve always deeply admired those who could do that. Actually, been quite envious.

Here`s hoping for many more years together for all of you.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:08 pm

Thank you one and all for the well wishes and Congrats to those traveling the same road as we....Mr B and I are quiet ppl with simple likes so we ate a favorite meal exchanged cards and I baked several dozen of his favorite choc. chip/walnut cookies...talked to our children and read thier cards.....
 I posted this.... for with the state of things for many in this country.... we need to be reminded of the good in life...I hope this did and your responses uplifted our spirits...We met for the second time after a brief conversation a year earlier...three months later we married 4 yrs later we had our daughter then 3 years after that we completed the family with our son..lots of ups and downs but We always meet life knowing we are there for one another...lifes good and I wish the best to all of you...Badger

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:12 pm

my most sincere congratulations. as many have stated this is somthimg to be truly proud of in this day and age.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Next

Return to General Discussions