Is everyone ready ............... ?

fasteddie

Is everyone ready ............... ?

Postby fasteddie » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:51 am

Is everyone ready for the October 18 opener ? I was starting to organize my backpack  last night . I take more stuff than I would ever use . I made sure that I packed an extra release and armguard , checked the batteries in the lights , knives are sharp , hauling lines are in , TP is in dry bags , surgical gloves , hand warmers , pruning snips , ty wraps , doe bleat , racoon cover scent , kitchen sink , etc ..
I will also add some granola bars , camera , small binos , extra batteries , water , and ?????  I know I will forget something else to take along that I won't necessarily need .
Oh yeah , this year I will take along my Garmin GPS ........................

Is your gear ready ?

Squirrelhawker

RE: Is everyone ready ............... ?

Postby Squirrelhawker » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:04 am

I started on the backpack last night too. As for being ready, I lost my hunting lease at the last minute so I'm in new territory with not enough time to get many stands up. This bow season may be more intel gathering for gun season than actually letting the air out of something. [&o]

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:33 pm

Well I haven't started that yet but I have all supplies in so that Mr. B. can take care while I'm gone to camp...or trailing a deer at night...I just test drove a home made scent dispensing stove and it works really well...I set up my blind and brushed it in.....hoping the frost tonight doesn't set them up in the turnips too soon...scrapes are getting hit.....found out where the bear and turkey are hanging out...but have yet to see the buck...doe are now hanging out in our woods due to all corn having been cut...found a rub line....now the first week of wind hunting stands will let me know whos bedding where and when....all laundry and packing done just days before 

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:02 pm

Oh yeah , I also packed away the Butt Out tool . That baby sure makes work easier . [:)]

Squirrelhawker

Postby Squirrelhawker » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:58 pm

ORIGINAL: fasteddie

Oh yeah , I also packed away the Butt Out tool . That baby sure makes work easier . [:)]

Yeah, I watched my brother in law use one last year. Pretty neat little gadget

hunts2long

Postby hunts2long » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:02 am

The Lancaster is all set for this weekends ML season....the .308 is ready for it's 49th season...ME, I am always ready just hope the hills haven't gotter a lot higher....saved up 4 weeks of vacation so I can hunt slower...GOOD LUCK to everyone....BE SAFE....Doug

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:58 am

yep all set
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Return to New York