A Better Camouflage? GORE OPTIFADE

WiredToHunt

A Better Camouflage? GORE OPTIFADE

Postby WiredToHunt » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:23 pm

I face an interesting challenge as a bow hunter, because 90% of the time I hunt from the ground. I am not able to place a tree stand on my land because of restrictions, so I hunt out of a ground blind. This makes my need to camoflaged effectively that much more important. So I've been doing some extra research on camo, and I found a new product coming out that I found pretty intriguing. It is a new digitally produced camo made for hunters, similar to that the military uses. I put together some more information about it on my blog if you want to check it out. I haven't tried it, so I can't attest to it's quality yet, but it sounds interesting. Just thought you guys might be interested in some new hunting tech/gear, I found it to be pretty interesting. You can read more about it on my blog at www.wiredtohunt.wordpress.com

You guys have a favorite camo? I've always been a big fan of mossy oak.

Demoderby4

RE: A Better Camouflage? GORE OPTIFADE

Postby Demoderby4 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:17 pm

I like Mossy Oak, have a whole wardrobe of the stuff lol, but i really like the Realtree AP HD design, recently that's what i have been buying.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:20 pm

I really am a big fan of the RealTree AP HD... However this stuff looks instersting. Ive always thought that it'd be cool to have a camo set for each kinda hunt I go on.. Example: White camo for snow, Pine camo for pinetree's ect...... Ill have to look more into this kinda stuff.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Panman1949

Postby Panman1949 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:23 pm

Wiredtohunt, welcome to the board.  Don't know it all but willing to add what I can.  I don't think that camo design is as important as movement.  That said, I like Mossy Oak, also.  Camo only works if your outline is broken with cover.  With background cover, design isn't as important to me.  I also like to use natural ground blinds that I construct as well as "cloth bubbles" that I also like to use.  MI has some cold weather to consider with blinds and stands to complicate things as well.  Good luck with it.  Let us know how this new type works for you.  Panman

Be Aware, Bikes are Everywhere!!

Return to Michigan