Donald Trump Jr. Yes, I Killed Those Animals ...

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Ohio farms

Re: Donald Trump Jr. Yes, I Killed Those Animals ...

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:29 pm

If I did shoot that hypothetical coyote, it would be a first for me. I have shot a few woodchucks that were digging ground holes in my barn, but that's about it...and no I didn't eat them, though the meat is well marbled.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

gatodoc

Postby gatodoc » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:38 pm

I haven't had the chance to shoot a yote yet, but I darn sure will if I get a chance....They've killed a bunch of my patients, depleted the rabbits I hunt, and I worry they will decrease the deer I hunt. I guess I feel they're competing with me somewhat. Also they have no real predators round here to thin them except man...

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:53 pm

As I understand it, they respond to hunting pressure, by having larger litters. some times as many as 3-4 at a time. You would have to hit them hard to do much good. I would consider a Yotey rug, to be an appropriate use of the kill. Use the meat to bait more. Now a wild boar, also a shoot on sight animal, I would clearly eat. I have the rotisserie roaster waiting now.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

gatodoc

Postby gatodoc » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:52 pm

kellory wrote:As I understand it, they respond to hunting pressure, by having larger litters. some times as many as 3-4 at a time. You would have to hit them hard to do much good. I would consider a Yotey rug, to be an appropriate use of the kill. Use the meat to bait more. Now a wild boar, also a shoot on sight animal, I would clearly eat. I have the rotisserie roaster waiting now.

I just don't like yotes and will kill if I get a chance....

We got the boar.....come on down.... I'll put ya on em...:D

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:20 pm

Life is a little too....complicated right now, but i like the idea. Maybe PM me some details, and we will see if it could be done? Roaster is electric, and with the generator, it should cook a chicken stuffed pig in about 16-18 hours (I think) That could be interesting. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:00 am

I'll answer that....no ...wait..wait...here it comes.....BUT....personally I wouldn't kill it for the sake of target practice or thrill either...Every kill I make is done with a purpose in mind...that yote kill ...would be as a reduction of a predator species on my hunting /farm land...because of farm kills and or deer..turkey kills....raccoons ...because I'm tired of being woke up by raccoons ripping up our porch screens...possums because they are egg stealing nasty looking creatures...and I want our grouse population to recover...woodchucks don't stand a chance...that only took a bad fall off a horse when I was a kid... a broken ankle as an adult and a disappearing tractor tire$$$$ ..not to mention two times having to wait for rabies results...which is more scare than I enjoy...
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

Previous

Return to Breaking News