Fishing

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Ohio farms

Re: Fishing

Postby Ohio farms » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:17 am

No sashimi on the King, Sailfish. Of the two fish I have only half of one fish left that has not been planked. Check out the "Recipe blog at the bottom of the forum for a picture of it. It's a great way to grill seafood.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Mon May 07, 2012 9:11 am

Finally was able to get my boat out yesterday for a 35+/- mile trip (110')
Beautiful seas, and weather.
Able to run 30kt the full hour there without ever a bump.
Got into some keeper red grouper on first drops.
It was on fire....then...........school of stinking porpoises show up.............bite shut down!!!!! HARD.
Moved around a 5 mile radius to different numbers, just couldn't get the bite back. Did have a slack tide x a solid hour it seemed.
Hit a wreck in 100' and everyone landed a fat AJ, except one fella...........broke off 2.

Decent day, overall for bending the rods. One buddy wasn't able to lift his rod off the gunnel for the biggest red grouper of the day..............kind of funny. But they are beasts in 100+ feet. (still wimpy though :lol: )

my 5 yo and the AJ and a big red grouper

Buddy's AJ
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Mon May 07, 2012 10:17 am

I'm jealous... I really want to do some salt water fishing! It's been ahwile since I've gotten to the coast. I have family that live in Stuart, FL. We used to visit and get out to catch bluefish and grouper.

I did have a few awesome days on some local ponds though so far. The last trip out we kept 30 bluegill between the 3 of us that turned into 5 lbs of fillets.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Mon May 07, 2012 2:51 pm

Awesome pics guys...never done any saltwater fishing.......Fish fry at Deebz place-- :mrgreen:

I won't get out for a few weeks ...work work work.....hoping to wail on some gills myself..will post some pics if i have any luck-

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Mon May 07, 2012 4:57 pm

5 pounds of bluegill filets. Wow...There is nothing better tasting than batter dipped gills.

Nice day Sailfish. Must have been great.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Mon May 07, 2012 6:00 pm

they were delicious! We fried them up for a faculty lunch. Between the fried fish and deer sausage it was pretty much a wild game feast.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon May 07, 2012 9:43 pm

Looks like fun Sailfish. I too am envious.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue May 08, 2012 7:42 am

jonny5buck wrote:Awesome pics guys...never done any saltwater fishing.......Fish fry at Deebz place-- :mrgreen:

I won't get out for a few weeks ...work work work.....hoping to wail on some gills myself..will post some pics if i have any luck-

Ohio, Kellory, Johnny, and the others....i'll save a spot for ya whenever you get down this way.
Give me the heads up, and i'll put a trip together.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Tue May 08, 2012 2:52 pm

Sailfish wrote:
jonny5buck wrote:Awesome pics guys...never done any saltwater fishing.......Fish fry at Deebz place-- :mrgreen:

Ohio, Kellory, Johnny, and the others....i'll save a spot for ya whenever you get down this way.
Give me the heads up, and i'll put a trip together.

That would be awesome Sailfish!!!!!!-- :mrgreen:

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Tue May 08, 2012 3:55 pm

You have just become my favorite person on this site Sailfish. Don't think that I could swing a trip down your way, but your offer was very gracious.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic