Has anyone else ......

fasteddie

Has anyone else ......

Postby fasteddie » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:35 am

Has anyone else been part of the DEC Hunting Count Team . I was doing it for a few years and they sent me a patch after 5 years . Didn't hear anything for a couple years and e-maild them . They started sending me survey sheets again . You keep track of what you see on the days you hunt and the amount of time you spend on watch .
Here is the patch ............

DeerCamp

RE: Has anyone else ......

Postby DeerCamp » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:29 am

Thats pretty cool. Who would I contact in Michigan to do somthing like that?

Speeking of patchs if you want another patch like the stump sitters patch on your ava you can find them on ebay.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:47 pm

that nice eddie.i hunt DEP watershed property ocasionally and they want a report  and jaw bones if you get a deer ,i have seen deer but no shots were taken,spent an hour with the local biologist one morning talking .nice guy hopefully i'll get one of that property this year
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:08 am

Yep I got the form in the mail Friday and once again for the wrong area!  Go figure.....[8|]

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:08 am

ORIGINAL: msbadger

Yep I got the form in the mail Friday and once again for the wrong area!  Go figure.....[8|]

The one you are talking about isn't the same . The one I am referring to is sightings during bow season for deer , fox , yotes , turkey , racoons , etc .. It can be in any area .

I also get one for pre season that is strictly for deer and they request that you go out to the same spot at least 3 times for the same amout of time each outing and at the same time of day .

WayneL

Postby WayneL » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:19 am

I am part of a Deer Management Assistance Program in the middle of Westchester County. They give us access to some incredible areas (watershed, private and town properties). They ask us to take a heart sample for DNA tracking and all deer must be checked in at the police station. It is a great program for hunters.

I guess if you make enough $$$ and live in a fancy place you can tell the police to get the deer off your property!
WayneL
NY Hunter
Check out my hunting reports, pics and videos at:
http://westchesterbowhunting.wordpress.com

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:11 pm

how'd ya get that gig wayne?do they need more people?i hunt the new croton and muscoot areas.got a new spot picked out on some non posted property 
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

WayneL

Postby WayneL » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:44 am

I was an open call a few years ago. It was in the newspaper. Since then, because of some bad actions by a few hunters (fighting over deer, trespassing, etc) they put a restriction and made it invite only. It has a 5 deer quota so I would expect that there will be a lot of people who aren't invited back because they can't fill it. Send my your email and I will keep you in mind when the list comes up again.

WayneL.DNDH@P-Connect.com

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:52 am

just got my forms for this .Im excited  to be helping out,the patch looks cool too[:D]

Return to New York