Poll: Favorite Hunting DVD

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Patriot

Poll: Favorite Hunting DVD

Postby Patriot » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:12 pm

Which videos do you enjoy the most? (Drury, Nugent, Primos, Bill Jordan, other)?

I like them all, but enjoy Drury the best.  No high fences (that I've seen).  They keep coming up with new angles (i.e reality TV).  I also enjoy how they donate a lot of meat to foot lockers and keep it light with joking around.   I also learn a lot about actually hunting vs. just watching animals get killed.

Who's your favorite and why?
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

buckhunter21

RE: Poll: Favorite Hunting DVD

Postby buckhunter21 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:05 am

Drury Outdoors has the best hunting DVD's and shows out there IMO.  Not only are they fun to watch, but as you stated they are very informational and you almost feel like you belong since they use everyday hunters like the rest of us.  ...And more importantly, it's 100% wild/fair chase!

I also watch Gettin' Close with Lee and Tiffany.  It's a little similar to the Drury format (could be more educational), and Tiffany is easy on the eyes if you know what I mean![8|]

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:03 am

I just received D&DH Season II on DVD.  Love it!!
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:23 am

I will agree that Drury outdoors has the best videos.  I love the fact that they are 100% fair chase but I didn't know that Mark hunts on 2000 acres of land.  No wonder he can pass on all those bucks and know they will make it through the hunting season.  Also I love The Grind.  Its a group of people like us that hunt 100% fair chase.  Do it themselves, plant the food plots and everything.  There website is whiteknuckleproductions.com  Really just great guys, met the owner of whiteknuckleproductions at the Madison Deer and Turkey expo and loved his attitude toward everything about hunting.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:12 pm

Michael Waddell's Real Tree Road Trips... I love how he jokes around and how he has so much fun on there. He is a lucky guy living the dream.. It's like they say its a different kind of hunting show.I also learn a few things here and there, It's nice to see clebs on there as well.. Another one I enjoy is Gettin' Close.... Im sure you can all guess why I like that one lol

Ummmmmmm Tiffany
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:20 pm

the one set of video's ive watched over and over are the incomplete deer hunter series with foxworthy. some of the monster buck videos have the willy billy and t--bone characters too.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:38 pm

Drury Outdoors produces the best product that I have seen. Coondog gets on my nerves, but otherwise I give them a thumbs up.

I like what little I have seen on D&DH TV as well. I wish I got that cable package.

bigwisconsinbucks

Postby bigwisconsinbucks » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Drury Outdoors produces the best hunting videos out there. They are 100% fair chase and they are awesome to watch. Mark seems like a great guy and he really knows what he's doing. Also, it's cool to see all the family members and watch the progression of the younger ones.  
Also, I like Primetime Bucks made by Hunters Specialties. Stan Potts is fun to watch.
Kyle

NYarcher

Postby NYarcher » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:20 am

I seem to favor Primos Truth series. the guys seem genuine. they r not afraid to show misses, and they dont hunt fenced-in areas. Not to mention there is nothing staged to make good film afterwards like some of the other vid series. But I have to say Stan Potts, Micheal Waddel, and Brad Ferris are some of my favorite hunters to watch. Waddel has become incredible with his stalking skills over the years. Potts is just plain intense when he scores! And Ferris comes across as the everyday guy in your town or neighborhood.
Venison - the other red meat

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:55 pm

i like the drury brothers as well.the NRA put out a bunch a few years back that were good too
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Return to General Discussions