That vanilla thing.

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
badtoys

Re: That vanilla thing.

Postby badtoys » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:31 pm

kellory wrote:Do you want that as it is listed here, or alone?

got it will send out this week
WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Wed May 09, 2012 2:46 am

kellory you should have it today sent out yesterday morn priority mail
WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri May 11, 2012 5:32 pm

badtoys wrote:kellory you should have it today sent out yesterday morn priority mail

Thank you Badtoys, It arrived today. I will put it to use as soon as I can get out to my property. :) How large a SD card can it handle, and where can I get instructions for it use? There is no paperwork with this.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Sun May 13, 2012 1:44 pm

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun May 13, 2012 4:36 pm

badtoys wrote:http://www.wildviewcam.com/wv_downloads/manuals/tglbc2_v6_eng_manual_08_01_11.pdf

Thanks Badtoys, It's lenses have been polished, new batteries,programmed, two small SD cards to swap out( I will get larger cards) and a solar battery pack will be rigged as soon as I get the right plug. Night Eyes pushpins are waiting in a pill canister, and the first scent choices are ready for deployment. I am looking forward to this. ;) I will update this thread as it progresses.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun May 27, 2012 8:59 pm

Update. Just spent the last 24 hours on my hunting property, dang that was hot! I need to get a window air conditioner down there. I did though get a few things done. I hauled in about 40 gallons of water for washing, watering, and fire suppression (as there is no water source on site) hauled in a few of the materials for the tower blind to be installed, mowed the drive down from 3 feet to a few inches, cut down a cabinet (built in) and installed a countertop in it's place, cleaned the interior of the trailer , installed a couple of lights, and Oh yeah, started this test! Camera has been mounted facing north, and up slope across a jeep trail that sees lots of deer use. This area is my largest producer of venison. It is mounted between 9 and 10 feet up to try and prevent theft of the camera, Though with the brightness of the day I was unable to see the test light from any distance, so I had to go by the range and angles provided online. There are three trees that should be in plain view just across the trial, and these trees have been treated with the scents and marked with bright-eyes markers. Vanilla alone marked with 1, vanilla and apple with 2, and vanilla, apple, and peanut butter with 3. I will hope to have larger cards for it soon, but what is in it now should do to start it off. I will try to get back down there in a couple of weeks. Let the games begin! :D (edit: there are no other baiting, lures, attractants on site at this time)

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Mon May 28, 2012 1:14 am

cool it's almost june 3 months til deer hunting

kellory wrote:Update. Just spent the last 24 hours on my hunting property, dang that was hot! I need to get a window air conditioner down there. I did though get a few things done. I hauled in about 40 gallons of water for washing, watering, and fire suppression (as there is no water source on site) hauled in a few of the materials for the tower blind to be installed, mowed the drive down from 3 feet to a few inches, cut down a cabinet (built in) and installed a countertop in it's place, cleaned the interior of the trailer , installed a couple of lights, and Oh yeah, started this test! Camera has been mounted facing north, and up slope across a jeep trail that sees lots of deer use. This area is my largest producer of venison. It is mounted between 9 and 10 feet up to try and prevent theft of the camera, Though with the brightness of the day I was unable to see the test light from any distance, so I had to go by the range and angles provided online. There are three trees that should be in plain view just across the trial, and these trees have been treated with the scents and marked with bright-eyes markers. Vanilla alone marked with 1, vanilla and apple with 2, and vanilla, apple, and peanut butter with 3. I will hope to have larger cards for it soon, but what is in it now should do to start it off. I will try to get back down there in a couple of weeks. Let the games begin! :D (edit: there are no other baiting, lures, attractants on site at this time)

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:10 am

kellory wrote:Update. Just spent the last 24 hours on my hunting property, dang that was hot! I need to get a window air conditioner down there. I did though get a few things done. I hauled in about 40 gallons of water for washing, watering, and fire suppression (as there is no water source on site) hauled in a few of the materials for the tower blind to be installed, mowed the drive down from 3 feet to a few inches, cut down a cabinet (built in) and installed a countertop in it's place, cleaned the interior of the trailer , installed a couple of lights, and Oh yeah, started this test! Camera has been mounted facing north, and up slope across a jeep trail that sees lots of deer use. This area is my largest producer of venison. It is mounted between 9 and 10 feet up to try and prevent theft of the camera, Though with the brightness of the day I was unable to see the test light from any distance, so I had to go by the range and angles provided online. There are three trees that should be in plain view just across the trial, and these trees have been treated with the scents and marked with bright-eyes markers. Vanilla alone marked with 1, vanilla and apple with 2, and vanilla, apple, and peanut butter with 3. I will hope to have larger cards for it soon, but what is in it now should do to start it off. I will try to get back down there in a couple of weeks. Let the games begin! :D (edit: there are no other baiting, lures, attractants on site at this time)

kellory what's going on with this

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:59 am

I have been trying to get down to my hunting property for several weeks, but life has intruded on hunting. Last night at midnight, I was able to break away and with a hunting buddy, rode down on his cycle.
I found several trees down, two of them across my entry road, but at least my polebarn and trailer came through unscathed. :)
I found the game camera had not been stolen or messed with (that I could tell) but no response either. I pulled the camera and brought it back with me.

I just fired it up on the computer after 2 months in the woods, and there is not one image. :( I have double checked the settings as per the factory pdf but it never triggered.

I have new 8Gig cards for it, and I will get new batteries, then retest it in my yard, before returning to my land to remove the downed trees and reclaim my road. I will try for this coming weekend or next.

I will update this thread as I have results. Good or bad. :(

jvicknpc

Postby jvicknpc » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 pm

How is the testing going? Your camera won't trigger if the deer is more than 30-40 yards. Some are less than that. I have been using a time lapse camera set to take a picture every 30 seconds. You won't miss a thing. Downside, I can only do this in the daylight,and it will eat a set of batteries in a few days. Give us any updates. You have peaked my curiousity, now I want to try some of this. jvicknpc

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions