Dead Down Wind Customer Service

PrairieShadow

Dead Down Wind Customer Service

Postby PrairieShadow » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:05 pm

My buddy had a bottle of scent eliminator from dead down wind that became moldy. He talked to DDW and they replaced the jug no questions asked!!

That is some good customer service in my book!  I will be using their line of products this fall for that simple fact. They still consider the customer #1

vipermann7

RE: Dead Down Wind Customer Service

Postby vipermann7 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:16 pm

I have been using Scent Killer simply because it is what is available at the nearest fleet farm. I live in a small town and that fleet happens to be the closest anything to buy such items.

But I decided to just buy more at one time when I travel a little farther and hit some bigger stores. I bought some dead down wind and have been using it, I like it a lot. I'm going to give it the whole season before I say I like it better than Scent Killer, but so far I have had a couple deer down wind. They could smell me, they were real intent on sniffing the air, but were unalarmed. they didnt catch any scent until they were within 20 yards, and when they did, they just sniffed the wind real hard, they didnt run off or stamp their feet, or raise their tails, nothing like that. one was a young buck, and the other was an older doe. so although I could tell they smelled me, it wasnt enough to alarm them. But, I'm going to hold off my complete judgements until after the rut. once those big wiley bucks are scent checking cover, they really get sensitive to human odors. we'll see how november goes, but so far, dead down wind is working good for me.

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:55 pm

I have used both and have found both to be about equal but DDW customer service is unbelievable!!  Oh and i am in no way affiliated with DDW, just inpressed with the company thats all.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:06 am

Good customer service will make me a customer for life.  I wish more companies understood that.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:44 am

Im with you ranwin. Ill pay a little more if i know the customer service is going to be there when i need it.

Goose

Postby Goose » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:44 am

I agree with the customer service meaning alot. I used ddw last year,soap,shampoo and spray and dont have anything bad to say about it. To me i could smell it though. the spray and shampoo were more noticeable and I figured if I could smell it so could the deer. Dont know if it was just me but I switched to scentkiller this year. Anybodyelse notice this smell?
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:22 am

I'm using DDW stuff this year, i like it a lot so far, it seems to be doing its job! i use the body/hair wash, the scent killing spray as well as the deodorant. I have been sniffed out once though, but the deer did not bolt and take off, he just kinda snorted a few times and stomped and walked off. He wasn't too spooked and i credit DDW with that. I have no complaints about it except i dont prefer paying 15 bucks for a bottle of spray and 6 bucks for a thing of deodorant lol! But i understand they kinda have to do that to make a profit lol ;) And its not like its over priced thats the general price on scent killer and all other brands as well. Very good products all around i would def reccomend DDW to anyone serious about eliminating scent!

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:26 am

I guess my first question would be, how in the heck could the product become moldy? Doesn`t sound to me like anything I`d want to use anyway.

I use Scent Killer spray exclusively; I`ve had tremendous success with it, and I`ve never needed their customer service.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:51 am

I use the DDW bar soap, anti-perperant, detergent, and dryer sheets.  I then apply scent away on my clothes.  I've had deer within 10 feet of my stand and have yet to be detected or sniffed out.  When my Scent away is gone I'll try the DDW scent eliminaotr and see what happnes, but so far I'm impressed

eagle eye

Postby eagle eye » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:28 am

I have used DDW laundry detergent, body wash and spray for the last two years and have absolutly no complaints. IU hang dry all of my clothes and spray prior to walking to the stand once on stand walking out and once my clothes are off. I have had counless deer standing directly under my stand and they never detect me. The first deer i shot this year was at 17 yards and two thers were with in 5 yards. I have been bow hunting for over 25 years and prior to the last two years i have always made my own spray with baking soda, and water but now that I have experienced the effectiveness. I do not plan on messing with a sucessfull routine.
I am pleased to hear about their custiomer service
John Wojtas
Enjoying the moment and always striving to enhance our hunting heritage

Next

Return to Scent Attractants/Scent Eliminators