discing today

Discuss Quality Deer Management issues here!
msbadger

discing today

Postby msbadger » Sun May 20, 2012 6:38 am

Yes as per usual I'm running way late due to equipment issues...rains...heavy frosts...ect...but the spray downs have finally started to work...there is just no killing those stinking daisies....any how I have a lot of discing to do....Did get two new small plots in and they are doing great.plus refurbished one old one...Thankfully the plots I have to put in are the June and later fall plots...but I want alfalfa in one I'm discing today...not sure if it's too late...any thoughts?
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

Smallplot

Re: discing today

Postby Smallplot » Mon May 21, 2012 7:52 am

It is not too late for alfalfa as long as you are getting some moisture. You may want to consider a cover crop for it as you did not mention one.
www.pikecountyfoodplots.com

msbadger

Re: discing today

Postby msbadger » Mon May 21, 2012 11:13 am

Thanks...well I planted part of it today ...we have a thunderstorm due today and and clouds are rolling in now......no cover on this one area...but the bigger one will have tritcal ...I also added sm. Burnett and some Kurup ll and jumbo clover to it...This is just a very small area around fruit trees and next another small plot of Beef bank....to draw animals out of the big plot of Hemp/sunflowers/knauf and quail heaven and top gun soy beans that go in in June...the hemp grows to 6ft as well as the soybeans....
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

Return to QDM • Quality Deer Management