Acorns

Demoderby4

RE: acorns

Postby Demoderby4 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:11 pm

yeah their are tons of acorns in SE MI this year, they are still dropping like crazy, the deer are tearing em up too! Good to hear you found what sounds like a great spot! Good luck!

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:11 pm

this is my old standby.i have seen deer every year.good ones too[:)]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

matterhan

Postby matterhan » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:37 am

I dont know why but here is South CNY there are very few acorns.  Apples however and everywhere.  Wild trees I have never seen with apples are loaded.  The squirrels and deer and hammering the trees. There are still tons on the trees too.   Scrapes and rub nearby to them too.  Cant with for Sundays cooler weather.  THis warm stuff has shut the deer down.  I think they will be moving tomorrow though with a high of mid 40s

WayneL

Postby WayneL » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:51 am

There are few acorns on our properties this year. usually we are loaded up but this year they seem light. Good luck Joel.
WayneL
NY Hunter
Check out my hunting reports, pics and videos at:
http://westchesterbowhunting.wordpress.com

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:35 pm

thanks wayne heading out in the am for the next 3 days .hopefully i'll have nice pics for you guys[:)]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

adirondackhunter

Postby adirondackhunter » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:23 am

There is a few acorns around my area, not many .
Hunt to live , Live to hunt

smitty

RE: Acorns

Postby smitty » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:49 pm

Man, I thought about that same thing when I had more time.  How come you don't hunt where you found the acorns?  But otherwise I was thinking that it might be a little out of place where there arnt any oak tree's, but they come to corn.
"Freedom Isn't Free"

lonlon

Postby lonlon » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:55 pm

Akerns? Yes it works !!!!!!! You can even keep a few in your pocket and drop them, think about it, it is a natural sound,I have had young deer chase them. LonLon

FlDeerman

Postby FlDeerman » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:17 pm

I've done it before kept them over the summer on top of my refrigerator so they could dry out some.I used them the next season and the deer loved them.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:40 pm

lonlon- I have done what you have said, put them in my pocket and drop a few a time from my stand, and yes it does work.. However I have also put a 5 gal bucket out of them a few years ago, and I believe those acorns are still there haah.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Next

Return to Oklahoma