game cam pics

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
Sailfish

game cam pics

Postby Sailfish » Sun May 20, 2012 4:42 pm

Picked up a decent priced WGI camera recently (I believe it was a deal posted on here actually) anyways, finally got it set up in a staging area about 10 days ago, got back today with the card and found the camera works pretty well. Only thing I found odd.................probably 100+ pics in the middle of the day with nothing. Never got into the game camera thing til now.......is this normal? Second item........not one night pic. At all. I know it works cuz I set it up in my back yard and found rats setting it off. Are these just the normal type of issues u deal with in the game camera ........game?

Here are a couple of my favorites

I always loved these:

had others with a couple fawns as well. Nice to see the next generation
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

herrey

Re: game cam pics

Postby herrey » Wed May 23, 2012 3:43 am

The other obsession to believe concerning is excellence of nighttime photos. With an glowing Game Camera, night pictures will stay in color. They also have better clarity and decree creation the image much clearer. Infrared Trail Cameras are forever black and white. The image excellence also vary flanked by camera brands and night circumstances. It is also significant to take into thought the range of the nighttime flash of both cameras.
Last edited by herrey on Sat May 26, 2012 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed May 23, 2012 5:05 am

Great pics Sailfish...thanks for sharing ...I ned to get the cameras back out....
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Wed May 23, 2012 8:55 am

herrey wrote:The other obsession to believe concerning is excellence of nighttime photos. With an glowing Game Camera, night pictures will stay in color. They also have better clarity and decree creation the image much clearer. Infrared Trail Cameras are forever black and white. The image excellence also vary flanked by camera brands and night circumstances. It is also significant to take into thought the range of the nighttime flash of both cameras.

Heck. I was just hoping for one pic of anytype. lol
There wasn't a single one even attempted.
Maybe these deer (possible) only come through here at dusk from bedding and start their feed.

Maybe ill move it next time to the feeding/grazing area see what happens there in the dark.

Thanks Badger, I could see this camera thing getting addictive.........like I need something else

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Fri May 25, 2012 11:05 am

Sailfish,
Lots of pictures of nothing during midday sounds like the camera is in a sunny spot.The camera theoretically looks for body heat and movement of some sort. When the camera is in a warm sunny spot, they sometimes take a picture at any movement, including windblown branches. I believe it has to do with there not being much temperature difference between the air temp and what a live animal would be. Try moving the camera to an area that is somewhat shaded. That cured my cameras of a card full of scenery when I lived in LA (Lower Alabama)

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Sat May 26, 2012 12:15 am

I'm thinking all those ferns that close to the camera and with any little breeze, fern movement will trigger a picture. And yes, the Wanderer is right about the sun facing the camera. Did you get a manual with it? They usually explain all the proper do's and don'ts in it.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue May 29, 2012 10:37 am

It is in a "tunnel" of thick brush. but I bet you guys are onto something with the heat and ferns.

The sun has moved considerably north the last few weeks AND those ferns I bet move quite easily based on this opening/tunnel. MIght be a combo of all the above.

Thanks all!

bulltalk

Postby bulltalk » Thu May 31, 2012 11:17 am

Very cool pics...

There is definately an issue with the sensitivity of the motion sensor. when you get tons of day pics that are empty heat and any motion will always play a part in how the sensor detects. If there are any low hanging branches or shrub/brush within range of the sensor it will trigger.
I have played with sensitivity on quite a few occasions and find that not only the sun but clouds will also cause or create an effect of motion in the heat and cause a cam to trigger as the sun and shade move.

A good reliable way to keep from getting false triggers it to either place your cams facing north or south out of direct sun always or adjust the motion sensor sensitivity to 12:00 oclock position if the cam has it.

I build my own trial cams and trail video cams and have spent many a day tuning them in to get the best possible sets and placement.

Anyways, your pics are nice...here are some of my pics - http://justhuntandfish.com/trail-camera-photos/black-bear-posing-for-pics/
http://justhuntandfish.com
http://bestarcheryrelease.com

xmatax

Postby xmatax » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:26 pm

In response to your questions about the daytime photos with nothing...here are a couple of things to look at...

1. Is there a branch or weed in the field of view that is moving
2. Is the camera hung on a smaller tree that can move in the breeze
3. Is the sunlight causing pictures to be taken.

Generally up north I try to hang my cameras facing North. I find it is the best for reducing the amount of false pictures from the sun since an East/West facing camera will have the sun directly into it at some point in the day.

Return to Photo Corner