The season opened this weekend!!!any luck

dtrain56

RE: The season opened this weekend!!!any luck

Postby dtrain56 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:46 pm

The deer movement should be good this weekend, going to be cold friday and saturday..hope to have a deer down,

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:25 pm

keep after them guys.[;)]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:01 am

Well I got my first deer of 08' saturday afternoon, here are a couple pics,

it dressed at 113lbs, a good doe for my area of Pa,

I have a cabin in 2f but hunted for a doe in state game land 63, in clarion county, which is wmu 2d

I was in my stand atop a hill between a power line and acorn ridge, I have hunted here a couple of times and usually see plenty of deer. This year is no exception but have not had aa quality shoot.

friday I started seeing deer at about 5 o'clock, I had a nice doe come in but since it was so early thougt i might get a chance to see a buck...about a half hour later had two nice mature doe come by but a little to far to shoot( about 45yards) thought i could do better than that, i did not see another deer until the last half hour..a nice 4 point buck, he walked by at 20 yards( not legal apr=4pts on one side)

saturday i did not see anything in the mourning...and saturday night, it was real slow, the leaves are already falling off the trees...but i was hopeful..that turned into doubt full as the sun set with nothing sighted at all except some squirls  but luckly just about 10 minutes of legal shooting time three doe walked out of the power line( which is totally over grown) 20yards from my tree, 

I pulled back the ole mathews and looked thru the peep - and let the arrow fly, i hit a little high but she was dead broadside and got both her lungs...she ran about 40-50 yards and crashed where i could she her..no tracking needed..that is the best...

now i have to weight for the meat to start making jerky!!!!!!

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:21 am

you guys in pa seeing anything!!!!?????

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:27 pm

Shoot a nice PA buck on nov 14th, second to last day of the season,

Deer came into my stand at about 10 yards, got a little buck fever and shot a little far back, hit liver, deer was dead within 200 yards

Pugsley

Postby Pugsley » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:27 pm

I'm new here, but i got my first doe on tuesday following the first day with my bow (PSE Brute) my girlfriend bought for me. I don't know how much she weighed but she tasted mighty good. She bought me the bow because she wants me to catch up to her. She has a four, six, seven and eight on the wall. I have only two doe to my name. Rifle is right around the corner though.

Previous

Return to Pennsylvania