Fried Deer Steaks

Got good taste? Share it with our readers!
Powell1120

Fried Deer Steaks

Postby Powell1120 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:47 pm

This is pretty simple but I LOVE it.  Just take your steaks and pound them out, I season mine with garlic salt, onion powder, and a little black peper, coat them in flour and fry them in pan of oil. Doesn't take long and its great with mashed potatoes and gravy.

ZEEK

RE: Fried Deer Steaks

Postby ZEEK » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:19 am

I dip steaks in egg then into italian bread crumbs. Fry in olive oil, best part, you can't over cook them, they stay nice and moist. Now i'm hungry and it's only 8:OO AM.
Not knowing where you are going is the best way to get
somewhere you've never been.

J. Peterman.

Hatter

RE: Fried Deer Steaks

Postby Hatter » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:09 pm

Both recipes make me hungry too. ;)

want2hunt

Re: Fried Deer Steaks

Postby want2hunt » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:39 pm

My mom and dad made beef liver that way when I was a kid, they told us kids we were having steaks for dinner. I still get hungry thinking of it. We always had creamed corn and fried potatoes on the side.
-Brian

Sopchoppy

Re: Fried Deer Steaks

Postby Sopchoppy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:48 am

Get one of those "clamp on" cubers.....LEM makes 'em. Does a fantastic job tenderizing venison. I use Zick's Venison Seasoning, it's made in Berrien Springs Michigan by Zick's Wild Game Specialties.Last I ordered, had to call to order, they don't have a web site for ordering. Found out about it when I ordered a DVD on butchering deer, a bottle of seasoning came with it. This is the best seasoning I've found. Anyhow, after cubing, I season both sides of the cube steak, flour and fry in about 1/4" of HOT peanut oil. It will be done in no more than 2 minutes. I've made this for several family members and friends and they like it better than country fried beef steak. Pour off most of the oil and stir in some flour until brown, then add water and stir until the gravy is the consistency you like. For a twist, I saute some onions first and then add that to the gravy. DAD GUM, that's good on mashed taters.

***THEY DO HAVE A WEB SITE NOW****

Return to Recipes