Advice Needed (Warning: Gross)

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
woodsalta

Re: Advice Needed (Warning: Gross)

Postby woodsalta » Wed May 02, 2012 2:56 pm

I would look no futher than your forum name "JPH" , just grab hold of the nearest towel bar and "J"ust "P"ush "H"ard in the morning! ;)
A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject.

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:39 pm

After rereading this entire thread, I may have another idea that could help JPH. What about if you ate a lot of cheese the night before your planned hunt? You'd be stopped up like a champagne bottle. Nobody would want to be around when the bottle was opened, but you wouldn't need to worry about such things for quite a while. Just a thought.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:05 pm

Good point Cut! But then on the downside somebody could say that J'Per was FOS and really MEAN IT! :mrgreen: :lol:
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:06 pm

Speaking of JPH........If you read this J'Per.......we miss you around here!

Check in once in a while bro!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:44 pm

JPH wrote:  
I love morning hunts, but they present a bit of a problem for me. I am one of those guys who can use their bowel movements to set their watch. Every morning, between 0800-0900, I have to do my thing. And to make matters worse, the older I get, the more "urgent" the need. I find it diffacult to hang in there.

So my question(s): Does anyone else face this? How do you correct it? Diet? Immodium? Or might it be better to find some way to get that out of the way before the hunt?]

What is your usual morning routine? Do you eat a breakfast, and if you do what does it consist of and is it the same each day? The evening before, do you eat early or late?
I get up earlier than I have to, so as to have breakfast,( it makes for a better day especially in colder weather) which consists of grapefruit, orange juice, sausage and egg, toast and a cup of tea with honey. The tea goes with me in the truck for sipping. With these ingredients, I have my bowel movement. I will say that some times I have to push myself to attain a bowel movement and having the unpleasant thoughts of having to go once out in the woods sometimes helps.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:17 pm

Drink a can of Pepsi when you first get up. If you are anything like me, that stuff is pure laxative.
Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.

unclebuck

Postby unclebuck » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:09 pm

Get up real early. Drink coffee as quick as possible. The rest will work itself out if you know what I mean.

RyanCGrover47

Postby RyanCGrover47 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:55 am

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the forum, but I've also got a question along these lines.

At the end of my last semester at college, I started suffering from gastritis- it made me vomit and #2 uncontrollably. After some medication it seems to have gone away, but in the mornings sometimes I feel like absolute garbage. Anything I can do to make my mornings a little easier?

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:25 pm

"........ it made me vomit and #2 uncontrollably."

Well for starters stop looking at your property tax bill or your 401 K...or 200.5, as the case may be! ;)
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

hot tamale

Postby hot tamale » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:15 pm

Finally- a post I know something about!!!

seriously here, I have the worst stomach known to the human race. I wish I was regular and would pay a lot of money to any doctor that could help but they cant.
I always had a problem with needing to dump the excess waste during good hunting time and it never seems i was close to anywhere convenient.
so what did I do?
well, i timed out how long it takes me to get to my stand, how long before shooting light i want to be there, etc.
for example:
I want to be in my stand by 5:30
I get up at 3 am and have a cup of hot coffee ( a diuretic) and walk outside in a t-shirt and sweatpants. I let the warm coffee work its magic as the cold air hits my body. this little trick will have me in the can and getting out the first load within 10 minutes. I do this one more time and depending on what i ate the night before, i should be good to go.
now i dont know your set up or if you go out with a bunch of guys the night before, but dont go to a bar and eat the pickled anything off the bar. not only are these things disgusting but they will also time themselves in your digestive tract to make a mess in your shorts when you dont want to be without a throne close by.
back to the topic here-dont drink coffee or hot liquids while on stand or you will keep your bowels movin' along. if you need caffeine, try one of the energy drinks that are out there. I like to have something warm to drink as well, but my stomach doesnt afford me that luxury.
just a thought.
I would try this out before the season, not opening day though. hope it works for you.

PreviousNext

Return to Best Practices