Ted Nugent My Side of The Story - Your Opinion

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
scotman

Ted Nugent My Side of The Story - Your Opinion

Postby scotman » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:44 pm

I think D&DH Magazine could not have made it any more clear that they support Ted Nugent after reading "Ted Nugent My Side of The Story" interview by Daniel E. Schmidt. My question is - will you follow him no matter what he does or what he says past,present, or future? No matter how shady and illogical his actions become? Or maybe you will stop printing article after article about him when your Facebook analytics show otherwise?

After reading "I'm targeted by the Fed's", I almost fell out of my chairing laughing, thinking "this guy really thinks the world revolves around him". I once worked with a guy like Ted, his borderline paranoid schizophrenia was soo bad he duck-taped his windows with black plastic garbage bags.

The sad reality of all of this is Ted shows absolutely no amount of personal accountability for his own actions. No matter what he does how unethical or law breaking it is always the fault of someone else or in this case .... a conspiracy of the Federal Government to take down Ted? Get real!

So what is your opinion on the latest exclusive article on Ted Nugent?
"The deerskin rug on our study floor, the buck's head over the fireplace, what are these after all but the keys which have unlocked enchanted doors, and granted us not only health and vigor, but a fresh and fairer vision of existence" -Paul. Brandreth

rmathes25

Re: Ted Nugent My Side of The Story - Your Opinion

Postby rmathes25 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:29 am

I am a subscriber to D&DH magaize and have (in the past) always enjoyed the articles they provide within it's pages. However, so far this year (2012), it has been a bit of a dissapointment. With hunting personalities gracing two of the three covers so far (Lakosky & Nugent) and taking up a large chunk of the issue's printed pages, I am beginning to wonder what the magazine's goal is.

I don't pretend to understand the financial incentives that the magazine and/or the celebrities enjoy due to these large articles, but I sure know I have not enjoyed them. I pay for Deer Hunting knowledge, not celebrity information. If that's what I wanted @ the newstand, I would buy a different magazine.

As far as Nugent is concerned--I always have believed that people that talk too much, have a guilty conscience (whether they admit it or not). So I am not a huge fan of him. With that said, Uncle Ted is good for a few laughs, but that's about it.

Hopefully things will pick up and D&DH will stick to what it does best--giving me a leg up on those wiley whitetails!!!

-Rob

knfeit

Postby knfeit » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:44 am

Why is Ted Nugent on the cover of your latest issue? I almost threw my copy of your magazine in the garbage on the way back from my mailbox (its in the garbage now). I've been a sportsman for 45 plus years and in no way do I feel Mr Nugent represents me as a spokesmen for hunting. He wants to be able hunt wherever he wants, whenever he wants, and by whatever method he wants. I think most honorable sportsmen like me feel the say way about Mr Nugent. Your magazine lost a lot of credibility with me and I will likely not renew my subscription.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:39 pm

I like Nugent he's absolutely good for hunting and the shooting sports.

Just as the anti's have their mainstream extreme whack jobs hunting and the shooting sports needs their whack jobs. Just sitting back and letting the opposite side whack jobs chisel away at our rights like they've done for the past 40 years is enough. Let's put our crazys out and fight fire with fire.

Then, maybe, in a fit of sanity both sides can come together and make decisions that are beneficial to all.

motorbreaker

Postby motorbreaker » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:05 am

Like him or not, He has the power to fight the anti's, And that he does.

We as hunters should not try to discredit him just because he's crazy.

In defence to D&DH mag. How many articals can you write about deer, I mean, They have been doing it for years.
There is only so much you can write without repeating the same story over and over. And to not re up your subscription
because you dont like an artical........Come on whinners......
I like the fact that D&DH gave ted a chance to defend himself. Thats the way america is susposted to be...
We all know how the media can blow things out of perportion.

Keep up the good work Ted, You crazy ............
Jake

rmathes25

Postby rmathes25 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:25 am

I do see the point that we need a charasmatic guy like Uncle Ted fighting for hunting rights. I'm not sure I 100% agree with that, but I do see the point.

I simply would simply prefer "Deer be the stars of the show" or magaize in this case (as D&DH TV states) instead of these "celebrities".

No big deal, the important thing is that all of us in the hunting community stop the infighting and stick together.

I would rather have Nugent on my side, than the other side, thats for sure!!!!

Just maybe next time he won't be on the cover......that's all I really ask.

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:36 pm

Yep when nugent passes away we will all lose our guns and bows and he is the ONLY ONE who does anything for gun legislation and rights ---the antis will have won ...take off the tin foil hat people he's a douche bag ..repeat poacher ...who makes himself look bad because he doesn't know when to ''hold em'' and when to ''fold em''......i truly believe ted has turned into the Proverbial cowbell That Christopher Walken did on Saturday night live...i gotta have more cowbell.!!!!!!..[sarcasticly]....to assume that Ted does more for any of us than we do ourselves is a heap of !@#@$ and nothing but an assumption...untrue ..he still has a few brainwashed ...if he represents ''you'' as a hunter and does more good than you do for yourself with regards to individual rights and freedoms than ''you '' do need him...

Im an individual myself who does get involved...don't need to prove it here ..just clearing the air......... :shock: .got a little foggy in here...

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:46 pm

Jonny, you may have just hit the nail on the head. I don't need him to represent me either. He is divisive. If you don't think so, look at the discussions about him on this forum among hunters and gun owners.
His response to those of us who disagree with him is, to quote, "My critics are mostly jealous because I am my own boss and have created an amazing quality of life for my family and myself through incredible hard work and dedication. You find someone who has a problem with me and you are looking at an ignorant, cheap person." That's right Ted, it has nothing to do with you crazy behavior, it's all about jealousy. Get over yourself.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:10 pm

jonny5buck wrote:Yep when nugent passes away we will all lose our guns and bows and he is the ONLY ONE who does anything for gun legislation and rights ---the antis will have won ...take off the tin foil hat people he's a douche bag ..repeat poacher ...who makes himself look bad because he doesn't know when to ''hold em'' and when to ''fold em''......i truly believe ted has turned into the Proverbial cowbell That Christopher Walken did on Saturday night live...i gotta have more cowbell.!!!!!!..[sarcasticly]....to assume that Ted does more for any of us than we do ourselves is a heap of !@#@$ and nothing but an assumption...untrue ..he still has a few brainwashed ...if he represents ''you'' as a hunter and does more good than you do for yourself with regards to individual rights and freedoms than ''you '' do need him...

Im an individual myself who does get involved...don't need to prove it here ..just clearing the air......... :shock: .got a little foggy in here...

I disagree. I believe that it always helps to have a recognizable point man in the public eye to further our causes and that man, by virtue of his fame can get the message out in ways that none of us, as individuals could ever hope to do. Now, we could argue whether or not Ted Nugent is the right guy for that job, but I think we are better off if someone is doing it. I think it helps that Nugent is famous for something outside hunting and was known by many before he became a big hunting advocate. His fame wasn't just for being a hook and bullet guy, so he has a wider audience. He is articulate and well spoken and intelligent. On the downside, he's a bit full of himself and he seems somewhat paranoid. So, while he may not be the ideal guy, at least he's doing the job.

As far as the magazine is concerned, I'm glad they gave Nugent a forum to tell his side of it. I dont think Daniel Schmit was particularly hard on Nuge with the questions, but he gave Nuge the latitude he needed to get his story out. If anything, Nugent made himself look bad by coming off as crazy, but I didnt know the actual law he was accused of breaking (altho, I had heard of the "you-draw-blood-and-your-tag-is-punched" rule before this)until I read the article. That was something I never heard from the general media. Besides, as long as Ozoga, Alsheimer, Rue and those guys keep contributing, I'll keep my subscription.
Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.

scotman

Postby scotman » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:57 am

danesdad wrote:as long as Ozoga, Alsheimer, Rue and those guys keep contributing, I'll keep my subscription.

Yea one of the reasons I keep renewing my subscription.
"The deerskin rug on our study floor, the buck's head over the fireplace, what are these after all but the keys which have unlocked enchanted doors, and granted us not only health and vigor, but a fresh and fairer vision of existence" -Paul. Brandreth

Next

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features