market hunting....bad idea

Tracks, Rubs, Scrapes, Trails, Etc.
SgtRock

market hunting....bad idea

Postby SgtRock » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:00 pm

I believe market hunting to be a bad idea. here in Florida the same kind of thing happen to fishing. they will start out sharing then when the industry takes off the marketers will send lawyers to the state capitals and past laws all but taking hunting away from the regular people. Same thing happen to red fishing. The commercial fishermen got laws past to limit the fish to one per person while they could net 5000 pounds. Same thing will happen to deer hunting if you let them market hunt commercially.

kellory

Re: market hunting....bad idea

Postby kellory » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:19 pm

SgtRock, welcome to the forum. Market Hunting is something from our past. The only reference to Market hunting I have heard in quite some time, was the mis-use of the term to describe the practice of guided hunts on private land. To the best of my knowledge, Market hunting is not used today, in this country, so you will get no argument from me.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Re: market hunting....bad idea

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:44 pm

Market hunting for wild game species has been illegal for close to 100 years. The closest we have now to "market hunting" (hunting a wild game animal for profit and being able to legally sell it or parts of it on the open market) is fur trapping but even that has limitations such as seasons, bag limits, and other regulations.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Return to All About Deer Sign