Ted Nugent My Side of The Story - Your Opinion

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
Hunt4life

Re: Ted Nugent My Side of The Story - Your Opinion

Postby Hunt4life » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:45 pm

I like that D&DH had the courage to have Ted tell his side of things. It's a little sad that it takes "courage" to let a guy tell his side, but good on the Editor for doing the right thing when others can't be bothered.

I've been following Ted's activism for many, many years. He's a target, no doubt about that. But when you make waves large enough to get the attention of the big dogs, they can make life miserable. But it never seems to detour Ted Nugent. Good for him. And good for me, because Ted speaks for me 99% of the time, he is a solid asset to the future of hunting, the 2nd-A and America in general.

He may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's a great big world out there filled with all sorts and types of people. There is a lot of room for more and different. If we would find more high profile people to stand up for hunting, reaching well beyond beyond the choir (as Ted does), It would benefit the cause infinitely more than spending time tearing down those who already do.
Political Bully�

BigIron

Postby BigIron » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:54 am

Good for D&DH for offering Ted a platform to give details of his recent run ins with obscure game laws. Especially the Lacy Act that is being used by the fed to slap felonies on hunters across the nation. If you cross state lines when hunting it's very important to know what the laws are. There is no better example of that than Ted, who had a LOT to lose if convicted of a felony.

I support stiff fines for blatant law violators. Tresspassing poachers, night hunters, etc. But killing a dove on a Sunday in certain states and then transporting it across state lines can get you a felony conviction with the Lacy Act.

For those who get riled up about Ted and his brash communication style, please, go do as much as he does for hunting, trapping, fishing and shooting, then I'll care more about your complaints.

Till then, pound sand. I'm gonna try and sell as many subscriptions to this fine magazine as I can.
I'd rather be a fencepost in Texas than king of the world.

Big Horse

Postby Big Horse » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:07 pm

Live to Hunt, Hunt to Live.

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:17 am

Is there a guy that works at D&DH that does NOT agree with Ted ??? ........ it's not a suprise that they agree with their cash cow ..is it???? i mean really??.... :lol: ..... :lol:

scotman

Postby scotman » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:13 am

We all know we live in a society that has replaced God with the celebrity worship mentality. For example It was sickening when our congressmen and women where starstruck in speech when talking to Bill Gates in Congress back in 2008. So it is totally understandable, the responses I'm hearing in this thread that, "Ted has done more for..." What about the rest of your subscribers? What have they done? I can guarantee each one of us combined has done more for our Second Amendment Rights and Hunting than Ted could ever dream of.... but you have Ted driving a huge wedge between hunters. Why is that? Because what he does is controversial and in some cases law breaking. So if he has the attention of the Feds or BATF then there is a good reason behind that, not for breaking some trivial hunting law, not because of the President's Cabinet being anti-gun. Only Ted knows truly why they are after him and I highly doubt you will ever read that truth in a publication anywhere, especially if it is an on going investigation.

p.s. Charles Alsheimer is supporting Ted without ever meeting him in person or ever talking with him?
"The deerskin rug on our study floor, the buck's head over the fireplace, what are these after all but the keys which have unlocked enchanted doors, and granted us not only health and vigor, but a fresh and fairer vision of existence" -Paul. Brandreth

Big Horse

Postby Big Horse » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:09 pm

scotman wrote:"Ted has done more for..." What about the rest of your subscribers? What have they done? I can guarantee each one of us combined has done more for our Second Amendment Rights and Hunting than Ted could ever dream of....

While comparing an entire groups contributions to that of a single man's is apples and oranges, it speaks volumes as to how much that one man has done.

Rock on Nuge. Image
Live to Hunt, Hunt to Live.

RemingtonArmed

Postby RemingtonArmed » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:12 am

Thank you for the article on Ted Nugent's run-ins with the law. First and foremost, to suggest that he doesn't deserve this attention, and more importantly an opportunity to share his side of the story, is asinine beyond belief. I am as certain as the day is long, that each of us, in the same situation, would like to have the opportunity to voice our side of the story as well. How many of you have ever "tagged" a whitetail or bear that you did NOT take possession of? Never hunted near/under an oak tree or apple tree?

Love him or hate him (personally I choose the former) if this world was filled with more people who possessed one-tenth of his passion toward life and the things he holds sacred we'd live in a better world.

Previous

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features