Summit Tree stands

mag30079

Summit Tree stands

Postby mag30079 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:42 am

I own a Summit Razor ss. Last weekend I was climbing down and my top part broke, I was able to climb down it just was a slow go. Things happen, luckly I didn't get hurt. I contacted Summit, at 9am on Monday I had a new part shipped out with no questions asked. I love this stand. Plus the customer service was awesome.

Thanks again Summit and keep up the great work.

dtrain56

RE: Summit Tree stands

Postby dtrain56 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:38 am

Well i have two summit climbers...i have had great luck with them and the service summit has provided..

My first climber's base weld broke and they sent me a new base in a day( that was a couple of years ago..)i bought a viper ..they are heavy for climber but are comfortable, sterdy, and have a big platform to move on  i'm 6'4" and weight 230, so i need the peice of mind of the summit when i'm 25 feet in a tree

would switch unless you paid me ..alot!!!

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:12 am

ORIGINAL: dtrain56

would switch unless you paid me ..alot!!!

You mean wouldnt?
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

deerhunter713

Postby deerhunter713 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:07 pm

I have 2 Summit climbers and a Summit ladder stand and all 3 are outstanding quality.  No issues here.
NRA Life Member

The Second Amendment should have been the First Amendment, because without the Second Amendment, there would be no other rights.

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:59 pm

Yeh sorry about that miss spelling, ment wouldn't...the mind  works faster than the fingers!!!

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:21 pm

u guys got me a little worried,i also have a summit --a'viper-SS' but still a summit! if u had a weld break thats not good! im glad u are ok but,my god, u trust the manufacturer with your life.Every time  you step on a brand new stand your taking that blind leap of faith---with your life! ive checked mine out and seems to be ok, i have used over 20 times and i dont go below 20 to 27 feet in it. 2 guys-2 weld breaks is not good at all though,i dont know your whole story but thank you for speaking up. i do believe summit builds a quality product thats y i bought it,hope theres not  a re-call in there future--thanks guys --5buck--good hunting!

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:01 am

It was my fault, I was using it as a permenant stand, when i took it down i let it fall from 25ft - didn't think it would do anything...but the weld broke as the stand hit the ground sidways and it cracked-

anyway they replaced it and when used correctly i have had no problems- i have two of them that are at least 4-5 years old and they work great

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:23 am

AHHHHH ----copy that--thanks again-dtrain56--5buck

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:05 am

That is good news to hear, and nice to see there are still some great customer service oriented companies out there!! (I will add Summit to my short list, Garmin and Oakley are the others).

Just to add to this. I spent over 12 hours Saturday in my Summit Viper SS and was no worse for the wear. I had to adjust the safety harness from time to time (it tended to bind some in the crotch region) but other than that, it was a gem to sit in!!
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:50 pm

I second the garmin choice they are also an awesome company to deal with, I have a e-trex legend, one of the original ones- can't recall how long-but the screen was going in and out and they fixed it and got it back to me in a week

sailfish - get a hunter saftey system type saftey harness, you wont have that issue with the bunching in the crotch

Next

Return to Treestands