Earn-A-Buck In Illinois?

Woods Walker

Re: Earn-A-Buck In Illinois?

Postby Woods Walker » Wed May 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Now that's a good idea! Makes sense......and that's why they'll never use it! Well....that, and they aren't soaking you for more $$$....
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Big Horse

Postby Big Horse » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:55 pm

I just got an email from Senator Mike Frerichs stating HB4819 passed both the house and the senate adding the use of crossbows from the second monday following Thanksgiving till the end of the archery season.

I think I need to go shopping. Image
Live to Hunt, Hunt to Live.

rizzo999

Postby rizzo999 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:19 pm

Up here in northern IL in McHenry County our conservation district has a program where you can apply, qualify and then hunt county-controlled properties on a limited basis. For example, you can only hunt certain zones of the properties. From my understanding ALL of the properties have EAB in place. I hunt private land next to one of these properties and have trail cam pics of some monsters that venture over after night fall.

I also hunt the CWD area in SW WI and the quality of bucks in that area has substantially increased since the incorporation of EAB about 5-6 years ago! Where we would be lucky to see a 2.5 yr old basket racked 8 pointer we are now occassionally seeing 160"+ bucks during the season!! If managed correctly (not over harvested), EAB can have some positive results.

Conversally, where I hunt here in IL I am really glad this law died or (hopefully) will die as the deer numbers here in this county are very low due to sharpshooting the past few years to (supposedly) counteract CWD.

Previous

Return to Illinois