shoot-thru scope covers

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!

shoot-thru scope covers

Postby manatee21 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:13 am

As an elk hunter I had missed opportunities because I could not get my scope covers removed fast enough. I tried various shoot through covers, and non really worked. I found this new scope cover and decided to give it a try. They really worked - I could see through my scope with the covers on. They were called shoot-thru.

Re: shoot-thru scope covers

Postby MoDeer » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:10 am

Got to addmit , I don't know anything about Elk hunting but I have been Deer hunting with a rifle since 1976 and I have never hunted with scope covers on my gun . Not that I have anything against scope covers , I do use them when storing my guns but while hunting I'll leave them at home . Nothing better than always beeing ready for the shot .

If I cant make a good shot please let me have a clean miss

Postby kellory » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:58 pm

I had a pair I really liked with yellow lenses. Besides a good sight picture, they keep your optics good and clean. I lost mine hiking out on public lands, and will pick up another pair sooner or later. There is at least one other thread all about these scope covers. I would suggest you use the search window. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Postby msbadger » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:35 am

I have them on my blk powder....great in wet conditions and will put them on my cross bow scope...the yellow lens really help define your rifles have flip ups
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

Return to Best Practices