shoot-thru scope covers

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
manatee21

shoot-thru scope covers

Postby manatee21 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:13 am

As an elk hunter I had missed opportunities because I could not get my scope covers removed fast enough. I tried various shoot through covers, and non really worked. I found this new scope cover and decided to give it a try. They really worked - I could see through my scope with the covers on. They were called shoot-thru.

MoDeer

Re: shoot-thru scope covers

Postby MoDeer » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:10 am

Got to addmit , I don't know anything about Elk hunting but I have been Deer hunting with a rifle since 1976 and I have never hunted with scope covers on my gun . Not that I have anything against scope covers , I do use them when storing my guns but while hunting I'll leave them at home . Nothing better than always beeing ready for the shot .
Johnny

If I cant make a good shot please let me have a clean miss

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:58 pm

I had a pair I really liked with yellow lenses. Besides a good sight picture, they keep your optics good and clean. I lost mine hiking out on public lands, and will pick up another pair sooner or later. There is at least one other thread all about these scope covers. I would suggest you use the search window. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:35 am

I have them on my blk powder....great in wet conditions and will put them on my cross bow scope...the yellow lens really help define your view...my rifles have flip ups
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

Return to Best Practices