Fishing

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
kellory

Re: Fishing

Postby kellory » Tue May 08, 2012 4:29 pm

jonny5buck wrote:
Sailfish wrote:
jonny5buck wrote:Awesome pics guys...never done any saltwater fishing.......Fish fry at Deebz place-- :mrgreen:

I won't get out for a few weeks ...work work work.....hoping to wail on some gills myself..will post some pics if i have any luck-

Ohio, Kellory, Johnny, and the others....i'll save a spot for ya whenever you get down this way.
Give me the heads up, and i'll put a trip together.

That would be awesome Sailfish!!!!!!-- :mrgreen:

Have I mentioned how much I like this site? Full of Gentlemen and scholars, and some who are both. A truly gracious offer. Perhaps one day I will make it down there and take you up on that. Till then, understand that post gave me a serious case of the grins. :)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Tue May 08, 2012 7:10 pm

Ditto to what the other guys said sailfish!... I teach, so I'm about to start my summer "vacation" of working with the custodians and such. Gotta love the 40/week on top of the salary. The best part is that my hours are pretty flexible, so if anyone is down, I'm totally in!
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Wed May 09, 2012 8:06 am

Only caveat........if we were able to go..........we all fish in camo!!!
None of those fly fisherman shorty shorts with the fancy shirts with 20 pockets!!

:lol:
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed May 09, 2012 3:12 pm

Sailfish wrote:Only caveat........if we were able to go..........we all fish in camo!!!
None of those fly fisherman shorty shorts with the fancy shirts with 20 pockets!!

:lol:

Right! Turkey vests all around! How long will it take you to camo the boat? ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

gonehun10

Postby gonehun10 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:56 am

Here's a pic from mid June after fishing Erie.
Attachments
2012-06-06_12.06.34.jpg
2012-06-06_12.06.34.jpg (990.86 KiB) Viewed 857 times

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:31 am

One of my fav. spots-
Picture 038.jpg
Picture 038.jpg (1.52 MiB) Viewed 854 times

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:31 am

Fish Fry!!!

Nice catchin'

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Nice walleye.
Went fishing last week with a buddy fishing a small river with a canoe. As you can see most of the river was low and we dragged the canoe more that we floated in it. Caught lots of 16-19 smallies on our 9 hour trip over 6 miles of river. The area is drop dead beautiful and we never run into anyone. Saw a bald eagle in a tree.
Attachments
smallmouth.jpg
smallmouth.jpg (59.63 KiB) Viewed 844 times
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:23 am

sounds like fun Ohio Farms. My 14' v-hull hasn't moved in two years, since I no longer have anything with a hitch. I hope to change that soon though. I miss getting out on the water. I may do it the hard way soon, and dismount the engine, and haul the boat into my work truck. not easy to do, but I may do it anyhow.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:54 am

Went out into the bay Saturday for a few hours to troll.
Grass was soooo thick I couldn't keep my lines clear.
Around 8 I gave up and went to check some cans for cobia.
no luck, I decided to see if the tide pushed all the grass out, figured i'd troll on the way back home.
Lines in at 9, and limited out in < 60 minutes. Which really isn't all that impressive since NOAA allows you only 2 fish. :evil:
But from 9-10, I was getting crushed (I was alone since the dear wifey thought the 5yo was too young to go with his dad on the bay...another story) and with a couple other guys on board we would all have limited out. It gets tough keeping the boat, the lines, etc in order and your coffee from spilling all alone when doing the grouper troll.
Baits were getting hit by some big fish, a shark ripped off one of my lures. Making a turn in the channel my bait went slack, and it get nailed just sitting there. Another fish was caught at idle on another bait that fell to the bottom while I was clearing the other rod.
It was an INSANE, fun hour.

Wish it were always that way.
Damn NOAA and the WH

Here is one of the baits I used as well (I used spoons and jigs too).
Couple hook-straightening bruisers down in the depths I missed (I also think though these hooks are a tad cheap to go against the big grouper)

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic