Patterning cross bow

sbertram87

Patterning cross bow

Postby sbertram87 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:07 am

Hi I have been shooting a cross bow for a few years now and I am wondering if you can hold a tight pattern as you practice shooting or are you a few inches off where you aimed? For me some times I can hit where I want other times I am a few inches off. Wondering if it is men, my crossbow, or other factors.
Thanks

jdbell91

Re: Patterning cross bow

Postby jdbell91 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:51 am

I have found the best way to sight in my crossbow is by using a stable rest like a table and a bipod on the front of it. This works even better then a shooting bag/sand bag. Once you have it shooting as close to center as possible, then practice the way you will hunt. As with any weapon, the less stable you are, the wider your group will get. The key is knowing that the scope/sight is as accurate as you can get it.

Good luck!
Semper Fi,

Joe

Ohio farms

Re: Patterning cross bow

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:26 am

Another thing to be aware of is that you must always cock it straight each time. If you pull to one side or another it will effect accuracy. Try marking the bowstring with a sharpie pen on both sides of the rail to ensure that you draw back straight each time that you cock it. Then it's just practice, practice, practice.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Return to Crossbows