Back Problems

Tips on how to keep yourself in top form for the hunting season.
DEER30

Back Problems

Postby DEER30 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:57 am

Last week I thought I pulled a muscle in my lower back. come to find out, it was a pinched nerve cause by 30 years of walking around with one leg longer than the other. Apparently this is a very common occurance as 1 out of 3 people have this condition. My chiropractor said that most people get along just fine and may never know it. Over 3 decades of my body compensating for the difference, my spine is now starting to curve and he said I was lucky to have caught it before I got much older. I have been an active person all my life but the last couple years I found it harder and harder to maintain a good body condition. Now I have 3 months o theropy to correct my back. Bow season starts in less than 2 months. So sorry doc, but I will take it easy but i WILL be in a stand /blind come september. Hopefully he will concede and give me the OK.

The point of me sharing this with you is that do not let what may seem to be minor aches or pains go. I have had soreness and stiffness in my back for years and always attributed it to over exercise or too much heavy lifting. If I only went to the docs sooner, it may not have been as big of a deal or so long of a recovery time. Do yourself the favor and get checked out.

bobow

Re: Back Problems

Postby bobow » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:57 am

Good advice for sure.

I hope your therapy goes well & doesn't interrupt your hunting season.
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:22 pm

If I recall correctly, you like to run and gun. So all you need to do is go the other ways around the hills for a while, until you wear the other one down to match! Then from then on, just alternate directions! ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

DEER30

Postby DEER30 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:14 pm

hahahahahahahaha.......never thought of that! I'll be back in shape in no time! :lol:

Return to Hunter Health & Fitness