thompson center

DeerCamp

thompson center

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:12 pm

I went to Jay's today and I fell in love with the new thompson center. I loved that way the gun, looked, felt, and everything eles. I think Im might have to buy one of these. I kept thinking about it all day. Does anyone own one or shoot one? I have a blackpowder gun already, but boy did I fall in love with this one. I think Im going to wait and see if the price drops on it. A grand is to much for a gun if you ask me.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

GErnest

RE: thompson center

Postby GErnest » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:30 pm

I have the Pro hunter in .50 cal.  I bought it when it first came out and paid a grand for it... I you just want a T/C and dont need the new endevour you can pick up the Pro Hunter's for about 600 now.  On the other hand I love it I put the Nikon Omega BDC 250 on it I cant believe how accurate it is.  Wouldn't trade it for anything.  I actually think I am going to use it in regular rifle season here in PA this year.

deerhunter713

Postby deerhunter713 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:22 pm

I also have a Pro Hunter .50 cal.  I love that gun and use it during regular "shotgun" season here in Ohio as well as "black powder" season.  It is accurate and reliable.  I also wouldn't be afraid to use it during West Virginia rifle season as well.

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:49 am

[font=tahoma]I have the Thompson Center Omega 50 Cal., with Thumbhole Composite REALTREE Hardwoods HD Camo Camouflaged Stock.  [/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]Image[/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]I also added the Nikon Omega Muzzleloading scope with Bullet Drop Compensator[/font]
[font=tahoma]Image[/font]
[font=tahoma]I can't believe how accurate it shoots.  The scope is incredible.[/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]I also use it during Ohio's gun season instead of a shotgun.[/font]

[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]I LOVE IT!!![/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:23 pm

[font=tahoma]Omega 50 Cal looks real nice... I really love the thumb holes on all the guns.. [/font]
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

dxthunter57

Postby dxthunter57 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:46 pm

O man dude
i KNow how you feel
my father has a Thompson Center Encore
and he loves it and i do to we have shot multiple deer with it
it is an awesome gun
id go for it and buy it

huntfish

Postby huntfish » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:28 pm

I have a TC Black Diamond 50 cal that will shoot clover leaf patterms all day long @ 100 yards with hornady SST's and 2 pellets of 777 .... They are hard to load but group oh so good ... tried powerbelts in it and it looked like I was shooting them with a sling shot ......

I do like the look of the new Thompson/Center Triumph ....

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:17 pm

I own the TC Black Diamond .50 Cal. as well. I like it a lot, like the above post said once you find the right combo your comfortable with it will group excellent. I havent had much luck with it in the field though, i have never taken a shot at a deer with it, but i would trust myself up to 150 or so yards with it. Well worth the money, I bought it a few years ago, my dad got the same one lol, he took a doe with his in 2006.

deerhunter713

Postby deerhunter713 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:38 pm

I also have a Black Diamond as well as the Pro Hunter.  Both guns love 3 pellets of 777 and the 250 gr. Barnes MZ solid copper.  Tack drivers.  The only thing I didn't like about the Black Diamond was it was a bit of a pain to clean.  I killed a lot of deer with that Black Diamond though.

ReflexHunter

Postby ReflexHunter » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:32 pm

I have a TC Omega and I absolutely love it!  The way it comes up for me and just the over feel and ease of use is awesome!

Next

Return to Muzzleloaders