Need Help Picking Out A Bow Sight

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
wurzgj01

Need Help Picking Out A Bow Sight

Postby wurzgj01 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:21 am

I am looking at improving my shooting accuracy with my bow. Some friends of mine pointed me to two different types of sights that could help. One sight is called the IQ Bow Sight and the other is called the Square Up Bow Sight. I’ve provided the links to both bow sights…

IQ Bow Sight: http://www.iqbowsights.com/
Square Up Bow Sight: http://squareuparchery.com/

The cost is not an issue. However, I can’t decide which product I should purchase. They both appear to do the same thing but do it in different ways.

I am looking for input from anyone who has tried either one of these products to help me decide which one to buy.

Thank you for your help.

DEER30

Re: Need Help Picking Out A Bow Sight

Postby DEER30 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:45 pm

Sorry, I have not tried either. But if your not set on either of these, then there are other good sights out there. I use Flashpoint sights and love it. The pins are very bright and great for the 1st or last 30 mins of legal shooting light or in dark timber, and they are vey durable. If you are looking specifically for ways to be sure that you are not torquing the bow I like to line my peepsight up with the round housing of my sight, pay attention to the level on the sight, and hold the bow loosely or with an open hand. You can see what I mean in this video www.deer30outdoors.com/improve-your-bow ... -exercise/ and others like it under the "Tips & Tactics" category of our site. I hope this helps and good luck with your decision.

bobow

Postby bobow » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:30 am

I have not tried either of those either but I would think it has to help if they force you to line things up so you won't torque the bow.

I tried a Hindsight "New Crossfire" http://www.hindsightco.com/hindsightproducts.html Once it is set up, it helped so now I don't torque the bow. It also has a built in light for the sights which is great for low light conditions in a blind. The elimination of the peep sight is a plus IMO.

It adds more weight to the bow & since it sticks out in front I had to add stabilizer length & weight to balance. I do like the groups I get when practicing. I am very new to bow hunting so I need all the help I can get!

I wish the deer would cooperate now :) I haven't had a shot in 3 seasons now.
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:01 am

I don't know what type of sight you are looking for, but HHA Sports out of WI makes some real awesome sights. I use HHA myself and will never use any other sight brand. Also, I hear their customer service is second to none. Check it out. http://www.hhasports.com/
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

scottflesher

Postby scottflesher » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:41 am

I noticed the IQ bowsite has a money back guarantee if you can't extend your range by 20 yards. Sounds like a win win proposition to me.

Last year I purchased a new bow (first one in 11 years) and upgraded to a truglo 5 sight pin. The first 3 pins (20, 30, 40yds) are a diameter of .029. The 4th and 5th pin (50, 60yds) drop to .019. I highly recommend smaller diameter pins if you're shooting at longer yardages. It sure helps with being able to pick a spot. I'm not sure there is any circumstance that would warrant me shooting at a deer at 60yds, but since I practice at that range, it makes 30-40yds feel like a chip shot. Plus it has improved my form (you can get away with bad form at closer ranges, but at longer ranges your mistakes are magnified.

pgchambers

Postby pgchambers » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:06 am

Jslotter wrote:I don't know what type of sight you are looking for, but HHA Sports out of WI makes some real awesome sights. I use HHA myself and will never use any other sight brand. Also, I hear their customer service is second to none. Check it out. http://www.hhasports.com/

HHA has an adjustable 3 pin this year. I would love to try it, but the price tag at Scheels was $160. Not in the budget, I'm afraid.
Respect - don't take it, unless you are willing to give it.
Responsibility - don't give it, unless you are willing to take it.

Return to Archery and Bowhunting