Today Show on NBC

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
jonny5buck

Today Show on NBC

Postby jonny5buck » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:31 am

First off the Tragic shooting in Aurora,Col. was the topic...i think everyone is on the same page ,with regards to how senseless an act it was...if like me you ,are spiritual ,and believe in God ,a real prayer would be an accepted gift to those affected.

That being said,and not to diminsh the scope of what happened .....The subject title is about ''NBC& the Today show''---let's get to it!

They used today's subject to use as a platform for one of their reporters anti-gun agenda....it was tasteless and showed NO class whatsoever....The short 5minute report showed how easy it was to purchase weapons in a parking lot ..no background check...the ''Chris Hanson wannabee'' reporter had an undercover couple purchase a few different guns...all in an effort to correlate how easy it was for the shooter to a mass his apparent stockpile.....the Report was an Epic failure [in my opinion] first off guns laws [laws in general] don't deter criminals from their acts....Duh!.....Second -The shooter in this specific act purchased his guns from a 'Gander Mountain' store '''LEGALLY'' than performed an illegal act''....killing people.....

The reporting was so bad and way off base ...it made no sense ....they failed to report on the mountains of chemicals and explosives found in his apartment...what next a law to prohibit ''Propane'' ??? maybe a background check for anyone purchasing ''paint thinner''???
The facts are simple ...some people choose to do bad things to people who don't deserve it.....there isn't a law out there to prevent this.
Please feel free to let NBC know how bad of reporting this was ,and how childish and selfish it is to try in ''tie in'' an anti-gun agenda to this tragedy.

Ohio farms

Re: Today Show on NBC

Postby Ohio farms » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:08 pm

Yea, obviously we all wish there had been a way to avert that tragedy, but pushing gun control is not a workable solution. I'm surprised that we have not seen more of that angle yet.
This guy methodically planned the incident in every detail. Horrible.
Not to steal your thread, but I was thinking. What if someone had a conceal and carry in the theater. Could he have stopped it? In that scenario, I doubt it. Full body armor, smoke, automatic weapons...he had all of the advantages.
Last edited by Ohio farms on Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

gatodoc

Postby gatodoc » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:54 pm

Ohio farms wrote:Yea, obviously we all wish there had been a way to avert that tragedy, but pushing gun control is not a workable solution. I'm surprised that we have not seen more of that angle yet.
This guy methodically planned the incident in every detail. Horrible.
Not to steal your thread, but I was thinking. What if someone had a conceal and carry in the theater. Could he have stopped it? In that scenario, I doubt it. Full body armor, smoke, automatic weapons...he all the advantages.

Sure woulda been nice if someone coulda tried. Apparently, he stopped to reload and I think he was cowardly....probably would have run like a scared rabbit if someone started shooting back, body armor or not....

bobow

Postby bobow » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Ohio farms wrote:Full body armor, smoke, automatic weapons...he all the advantages.

From what I have heard and read, it as a semi-auto and maybe he had a 100 rd drum.

If it was not full auto then it was not an assault weapon which I am getting tire of hearing that! But I also heard some numb-nut out of NY (possibly Bo Deidl or whatever - ex LEO) saying civilians shouldn't have access to full auto weapons without some kind of read flag. Duh, I don't believe in this country you can buy a full auto without buying the permit/tax and waiting an eternity.

He also stated that civilians don't have a need or shouldn't have access to these types of weapons. Tell that to any small business owner in the middle of a riot that had lost his life in worst case or had his store trashed.

Flash mobs seem to be the rage now. I feel real comfortable pointing my cell phone at them if they attack. I'm sure that will scare them off.

If the politico's want to talk gun control, hmmm....Chicago/Crook County has had how many murders this year? In the range of 250? How's that gun control workin' out for ya?
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:17 pm

You are correct, it was a semi-auto. I misspoke. Apparently the drum jammed at some point...thankfully.
I agree, there are enough laws already regarding guns. Enforcement is more the issue.
I have read prior to this latest mass murder that almost always someone had an inkling that something was wrong with the individual that committed the act. They gave some indication that it was about to happen, but no one reacted. It obviously is more complicated than that, but the solution is far more involved than just "getting rid of the guns" as some would have it.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

bobow

Postby bobow » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:53 pm

Ohio farms wrote:It obviously is more complicated than that, but the solution is far more involved than just "getting rid of the guns" as some would have it.

Got that right! It seems common sense is out the window. It has to be one of two things: 1) they (gun control nuts) ARE that stupid or 2) It's all about control.

It is just so frustrating :evil:
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:08 pm

Well first I want to say that my thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and the families of those victims. Obviously this is a horrible tragedy.

But WHERE is the smae outrage about the slaughterhouse that Chicago has become?? Chicage has about those same totals of shot and killed EVERY WEEKEND!!!

Now granted, most of the casualties in this case are gangbangers so as far as I'm concerned it's a "cull hunt" of sorts but there are also way too many (and that would be any number greater than zero) innocent bystanders shot also, some of which have been children. Those kids are just as dead as the ones in that theater.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:27 pm

I see no sense in any more gun control. Criminals do not follow the laws anyways, so why punish law abiding citizens? It makes no sense to amplify a law when the same crap continues to happen. Yeah, most of will have to follow new regulations if they happen, but what does that do? It just makes us more vulnerable for criminals to take advantage of us. It seems like this is a bad time to legislate any weapons control seeing that the elections are a few months away. It would probably be in bad interest for any politician to pipe up right now and start threatening our right to bear arms.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

woodsalta

Postby woodsalta » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:16 am

FIrst off, I would like to send out prayers to the families of the victims of the senseless shooting in Colorado.

Now lets get into it... this shooter knew what he was doing and should be removed from society ASAP. They are already making the case for "temporary insanity" if you are watching the news when he came out into court with hair that was dyed red to "look like the Joker" in Batman. I honestly don't know how the lawyer that is appointed to his defense could sleep at night knowing that they have try and defend this P.O.S. I would recuse myself as quickly as I could. The other thing I really don't care for are all the people out there who think they need to understand the reason why this animal did what did. These shooters are looking for their 15 minutes of fame and the media is giving it to them. They look at it like they have won when they see all the TV cameras and reporters outside and inside the courts. Fort example,(I know it's not the same, but it's the principle I am talking about), professional sport teams squashed the "streakers" at events by pointing the cameras away from them while on the field and the incedents have nearly stopped. Stop giving these shooters the "airtime" they are ;looking for, not only on the local news but the national news too.

I live in the Northeast, and we almost had a "copycat" shooter similar to the one Colorado in the neighboring state of Maine over the weekend. The day after the tragic shooting in Colorado, this moron bought a brand new Mustang and drove down Route 95 at 112 MPH with his hazard lights on pretending to be a cop (ME state police have several Mustangs as unmarked cruisers). After he got pulled over they found the arsanal of illegal guns in the car and then he confessed that he had gone to the Batman movie the night before, WITH A LOADED HANDGUN, then thought about it and decided to go to the next state over in NH and try to shoot up a former empolyer.

Then today I hear on the news that a Democrat candidate for US Senate, Elizabeth Warren says WHEN she is elected she will fight to re-instate the FEDERAL assault weapon ban that expired in 2004. Talk about jumping on the issue at an inapropriate time, but this is what they do. They strike when the iron is hot. All this guy did was give the anti's more fuel for the fire for gun control laws. Like it has been said before in this forum, and this thread, why punish the law abiding citizen for the sins of the criminal. Our 2nd Ammendment right to keep and bear arms are in the Constitution to protect ourselves and protect us from oppression from our own government. Taking guns out of law abiding citizens hands will only make us targets for criminals. Just like in Chicago and in the UK. Ask them how they like their gunlaws that make it illegal for them to own a firearm. For example, if someone breaks into their home and steals, rapes, or murders the occupants and someone in the house shoots and kills the criminal, they can be brought up on murder charges just as well. To me that's insane, but if the anti's get thier way and outlaw firearms, we can kiss this country and our way of life goodbye. The enemies of this country will see us as an easy target and it would not be long before we look like a third world country with terrorists attacking us on our own soil. The terrorists have tried it already and been caught and two of them have been in my town and the one next to mine. They did it on 9/11 with no remorse and it would only make it easier for them to do it again and the next time possibly with greater damage and casualties.

I, for one, did not see a reason to carry a handgun when I applied for my License to Carry several years ago. I only wanted a LTC to go hunting and trap shooting. The town I live in only issues Class A LTC's with the restriction "All Lawful Purposes", but in the last few months it really has been something I have been contemplating doing. Not out of fear, but out of concern and for the protection it would have offered should I need it. You just don't know when one of these nutbags are going to show up and start lighting the place up. The police can only show up after the crime has been commited and track down the criminal after they have commited a crime. This leaves the criminal in society to commit more crimes until when/if they are caught. Only an armed citizen can protect themselves at the time the crime is taking place. The police tell us if we are being robbed to give them whatever they ask for and most likely the criminal will leave after they get what they want, but I saw a video of a guy being held up in my state. After giving the robber everything he had the robber pulled the trigger on this guy in front of his wife and kids. Thank god this idiot forgot to chamber a round before trying to rob this guy and the victim is alive to talk about it.

I'm sorry for "going off". I meant it to be a small respose and then I kinda got into it. I do know that there are others out there who feel the same way I do.
A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:51 am

Let's see.....states and areas with the least restrictive gun laws....very low violent crime.

Places with extremely restrictive gun laws....Chicago, Detroit, etc....regular slaughterhouses. Same guns, same ammo. More laws. What's different? Let me think......I KNOW! It's the PEOPLE! NOT the weapon!

It's a PEOPLE problem, not a gun problem. And until the "leaders" get their heads out of their keisters and begin to address the OBVIOUS, then nothing will change, ever. But don't look for that to happen anytime soon. The gutless cowards that we have as our leadership will continue to take the easy way out, even though it's FAILED everytime they do it.
assault_sml.jpg
assault_sml.jpg (74.38 KiB) Viewed 567 times
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Next

Return to Off Topic