New Books?

DBogie59

New Books?

Postby DBogie59 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:20 pm

Has anyone read or heard of any new books lately. Season's over for me so looking for something to keep me busy. Besides this helps move the spam folder down the list.

ranwin33

Re: New Books?

Postby ranwin33 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:25 pm

DBogie59 wrote:Has anyone read or heard of any new books lately. Season's over for me so looking for something to keep me busy. Besides this helps move the spam folder down the list.

Not hunting related, but I just started Tom Clancy's book Against All Enemies. Has started out very good, he is back to his old form. If you have not read his books, start with The Hunt for Red October and work your way through.

Also, the John Sandford Prey series is always a good read.

Sometimes its nice to read something just for enjoyment that does not take any brain power.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

DBogie59

Postby DBogie59 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:24 pm

I've read Clancy's earlier books like Red October. He always did alot of research to be realistic. Havn't read any recently

bobow

Postby bobow » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:00 pm

I know I am late to the game but what I think is a great novel is "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross.

It is a novel about the gun culture & his take on how we got here today. He uses real life events & some real life figures to tell his story, but it is FICTION.

I first got a 4th edition (hard cover) in 2000 for $28.95. The copyright is 1996 & I see on Amazon new it is $199! My brother found out about it recently & got a copy from a friend. He was told it may be coming out in paperback soon.

If you get a chance to get a copy I don't think you will be disappointed. For me it is hard to put down & I am not much of a reader. I usually fall asleep after a page or two. :) So now I started reading it again. After all it has been 12 years and I am getting old!

Anybody else read it?

Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Return to Books/DVDs/Magazines