That vanilla thing.

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
kellory

Re: That vanilla thing.

Postby kellory » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:05 pm

update. I have the camera set in my back yard now. The test light does not appear to work. I will test it here before returning it (or a replacement) to my land. I am new to game cameras (this is my first) and I am double checking to see if I did something wrong. the target trees are well within range. Right now, I will see if my dogs will trigger it.
:(
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:09 am

i was going to say the same thing they can not be to far away all the pics i get are usually about 5-15yrds away
WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:31 pm

I am sorry to report, the camera has gone completely non-responsive, and when hooked up to the computer, does not exist to the computer. It does come up as a USB connection, but nothing more. I am afraid this test is on hold until I can afford a new camera. I will update this thread as I have results. :(
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:58 am

batterys in right is there anything on the display?
WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:35 am

badtoys wrote:batterys in right is there anything on the display?

Tried internal batteries, 12vt exterior battery pack, and USB. Only result I get is display lights up USB, but the computer can't see it anymore (it did before) . Even without batteries, it should read as a USB device. I tried to use test mode when I hung the camera, but never saw the test light activate. I thought it was just too bright out to see it. So I went by the angles and distances posted in the PDF file. (it's downloaded to my smartphone, so I could follow directions exactly) two months in the woods, and not one picture. I will contact Wildview on monday, and see if there is anything I can do.
Thank you for the camera, Badtoys. It was a noble gesture.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:14 pm

Partial success! I have been able to restore power to the camera. This camera uses the external power pack even if it has batteries. to do that, there is a bypass/cutout switch of sorts opened when a plug is inserted into the 12vt power port. It did not fully close, cutting off all power except USB.
Camera has been reprogrammed again, and rehung for the dogs to activate. I will check it tomorrow, to see if it triggered.

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:39 pm

partial sucess.jpg
partial sucess.jpg (68.05 KiB) Viewed 557 times
Partial success. Camera has been three days with the dogs, with no triggering at all. I finally got proper pics by removing the flash card. using only the enternal memory. the cards being used are on the approved list for this camera, but as long as ANY card is in place, the camera will not function.

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:38 pm

1 and 2 gb card is all it will hold worked fine when i took it out of the woods been sitting for 3 years

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:07 pm

badtoys wrote:1 and 2 gb card is all it will hold worked fine when i took it out of the woods been sitting for 3 years

1 or2 GB? The approved list of cards shows up to 16GB. I am using scandisc SDHCcard 8GB. Is there a problem with the type of card I'm trying to use?

I made it down to my hunting land today but not for this test. I spent most of the day reclaiming my road. I also released a couple of rabbits to the property. Turns out there 4 trees down together. it made a quite effective barrier. The forth tree is still hanging as you can see, but the largest tree was so hard, it was throwing sparks, and the chain is way too dull now to do any more. Foot traffic has been restored, and a tractor and trailer will pass with ease, but truck traffic will have to wait.
my road this morning.jpg
my road this morning.jpg (467.85 KiB) Viewed 539 times
cross section of the barrier..jpg
cross section of the barrier..jpg (306.82 KiB) Viewed 539 times
road cleared to foot traffic..jpg
road cleared to foot traffic..jpg (322.58 KiB) Viewed 539 times

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:40 am

yea theres your problem 2 gb is as big as i could ever use in it all 4 of mine are max 2gb,by the way don't you love it when you get to your hunting spot and have trees blocking your paths happens to me all the time it sucks!

kellory wrote:
badtoys wrote:1 and 2 gb card is all it will hold worked fine when i took it out of the woods been sitting for 3 years

1 or2 GB? The approved list of cards shows up to 16GB. I am using scandisc SDHCcard 8GB. Is there a problem with the type of card I'm trying to use?

I made it down to my hunting land today but not for this test. I spent most of the day reclaiming my road. I also released a couple of rabbits to the property. Turns out there 4 trees down together. it made a quite effective barrier. The forth tree is still hanging as you can see, but the largest tree was so hard, it was throwing sparks, and the chain is way too dull now to do any more. Foot traffic has been restored, and a tractor and trailer will pass with ease, but truck traffic will have to wait.
my road this morning.jpg
cross section of the barrier..jpg
road cleared to foot traffic..jpg

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions