Scent Killer

HiddenHornsRanch

Scent Killer

Postby HiddenHornsRanch » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:35 am

I been using a scent killer from cabelas that I bought a while back, my opinion is it doesnt work to well at all, does anyone use scent killer and does it work well because Ive seen plenty of show where some use it and some dont, or is there another brand you use that works well???
KINGSVILLE A&M JAVELINA

DeanoZ

RE: Scent Killer

Postby DeanoZ » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:40 am

I use Scent-Away Scent eliminator and I have not been busted while in a tree stand yet.  Not to say I won't but I've had deer within 10 feet of my stand and they were no wiser.  I do however use DDW detergent, bar soap and deoderant.  After I wash all my hunting garb I spray it down with more scent eliminator and store it in a tote which I bring out to the field with me.  I cahnge into my garb just before entering the woods, and add a final spraydown with more scent eliminator for good measure. Isn't Scent Killer made by Wildlife Research?  I know they have pretty good attractents so I'm surprised their scent elimination is not working for you? 

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:43 pm

I have used the same stuff with desired results, but also have been winded when I thought I should not have been. I guess you can be busted no matter how much you try to stay scent free. I have gone to the extreme with all of the soap, spray, gum, clothing, and playing the wind, and was still busted. In my younger days when I never gave any thought to scent or wind I still had a lot of success.
I believe a deer that has had an encounter with a human will never forget the scent. A young curious deer, if allowed, will walk right up to a person that is not making any quick movements. It has happend to me, and I have seen pictures of others.

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:36 pm

The stuff works, no its not a cure all and some common sense is still needed. Thermals play a huge role in whether you are gunna get busted or not.
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:45 am

Scent killer spray works extremely well. I launder my hunting camo in Scent Killer detergent, bathe in Scent Killer shower soap, then spray down with the spray in the field, and I have deer walk in on the path I used to get to my stand without ever knowing I`m there.

I may have been busted before, but if so, it was a deer I never saw when he got my scent. As far as I know, that`s not happened.

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:22 am

its my opinion that many use scent elimination sparays with the idea they killy all odors when in fact they control the bacteria our bodies produce that create human odor. scent killer is just part of well planned and executed scent control regimen.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:06 am

ORIGINAL: howhill1

its my opinion that many use scent elimination sparays with the idea they killy all odors when in fact they control the bacteria our bodies produce that create human odor. scent killer is just part of well planned and executed scent control regimen.

Yes, scent elimination sprays are only one part of a total scent control system, as I stated in my post, however......look at what Wildlife Research Center says about their Scent Killer Spray....it`s not what you contend.

" It is so effective, it works for days after drying. Putting a liberal application of Scent Killer® onto your hunting clothes turns them into a scent elimination suit. After allowing your clothing to dry, it can be stored in a bag or airtight container for weeks or even months before use."

So based on their description of their product, is IS more than you believe.

JPH

Postby JPH » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:27 am

ORIGINAL: hunter480

I hope you do not believe every product description in the hunting industry. Or if you do, I hope you have a lot of disposable income. [;)]

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:28 am

Yes, scent elimination sprays are only one part of a total scent control system, as I stated in my post, however......look at what Wildlife Research Center says about their Scent Killer Spray....it`s not what you contend.

" It is so effective, it works for days after drying. Putting a liberal application of Scent Killer® onto your hunting clothes turns them into a scent elimination suit. After allowing your clothing to dry, it can be stored in a bag or airtight container for weeks or even months before use."

Sounds right to me...but that only works if you do your part to keep the clothes,and yourself scent free after you apply the products. I'm failing to see your point with this post, hunter480?
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:34 am

ORIGINAL: EatDeer

Sounds right to me...but that only works if you do your part to keep the clothes,and yourself scent free after you apply the products. I'm failing to see your point with this post, hunter480?

Possibly EatDeer, you`ll be able to find a third grader to translate this for you, but my point was in response to howhill1, and his belief that Scent Killer Spray was simply to kill current human scent, and nothing more.

If you need further assistance, you might print this, and head to your nearest elementary school and ask for help.

Next

Return to Scent Attractants/Scent Eliminators