Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350s

Goose

Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350s

Postby Goose » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:18 am

I use these arrows and like them so far! I fletch my own and use blazers with them along with 4 inch white wraps. I have rage 2 blades on the bussiness end. Shoot good and they sure are easy to pull out of the target with the buff tuff on them.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

allthingshunting

RE: Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350s

Postby allthingshunting » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:13 am

i too use these arrows.  I have been having trouble with my nocks though.  When i bought them, the archery shop did not glue in the nocks which i have come to understand they should have.  My problem remains, however, after gluing in the nocks.  The nock collars are still lose and i know they have to be vibrating, making noise, and affecting my shot to some extent.  Anyone else have a similar problem / can offer a suggestion to fix this?

Goose

Postby Goose » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:27 am

I havent had any problem with the nocks, but to put on my wraps I just took the collars off. Works good, you shouldnt need the collars unless your target shooting and tring to aim for your nocks.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:31 am

i use these arrows as well and i am experiencing the same flaws as allthingshunting, the nocks on these arrows just aren't very reliable. unless it was just something the pro shop forgot to do, all i know is that it's not good when they come off when im walking through the woods, and the arrows have never been shot before its quite frustrating for how damn expensive they are.

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:24 pm

Well i'll probably never buy these arrows or any carbon express arrows again after today. For how damn expensive these things are you think they could make a reliable, solid arrow. I don't know if i just got a bad batch or whatever, but along with all but 2 of the 6 knocks falling off, i was walking through the woods today and got caught on a branch and i moved to get off or it and my bow hit another branch and the arrow cracked in half, i mean there was a little resistance but there is no way it should of snapped like that! Really frustrating when you put your hard earned money into one of the "best" arrows on the market and this kinda stuff happens.

ARROWSMITH

Postby ARROWSMITH » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:43 pm

Hey guys, I have never used or srerviced these arrows from my shop, however I have used and swear by Gold Tip arrows.  They are as they advertise "tough as nails".  I've been shooting them for about 6years now and still have one of the original half dozen I first purchased.  They are a top quality arrow at a middle of the road price.  I have shot them through steel drums unharmed. Oh yeah and I've shot them through several deer as well.  I would reccomend you switch. (No I'm not a paid spokesman for Gold Tip, I just like them that much!)

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:30 am

My dad Has used the same dozen gold tip arrows for at least 5 years they are pretty tough, I choose bemen mfx arrows.  Mainly cause they are smaller diameter and heavier than most other carbons and I get better penetration when using mechanicals.  They usually change the camo patterns on them every year or two and you can find the old pattern shafts on clearance for less than 50 bucks a dozen.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:08 am

I'll have to give those gold tip arrows a try, i have heard good things about them and i know they are less expensive so that ill be something i'll have to do. I have some Beman ics hunters that i use for practice arrows, but now i have to bring a couple into the field with me due to the poor quality of the Carbon express ones, i like the beman ones alot though. I'll have to go with the Gold tip arrows next time, thanks!

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Another one broken... this time i dont even know what happened. ridiculous.

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:38 am

ORIGINAL: Demoderby4

Another one broken... this time i dont even know what happened. ridiculous.

I also broke 2 cx maxima 350's
the weird thing is they broke about 4-5 inches bellow the nock. I inspected the arrows expecting to see a nick or score mark. Nothing there.
I got some gold tip, eastons, parkers, and some Cabela brand and never broke any of those like I did the CX
I'm going to try out the New Trophy ridge arrows next.

Next

Return to Arrows