Rut sigh starting to show up?

RNC

Rut sigh starting to show up?

Postby RNC » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:42 pm

Over the last two weekends we have started to see a couple of scrapes showing up. The buck I took on 10/19 had a little bit of a swollen neck, he was the second 8pt I saw that weekend and the girl at the registration station said it was the third decent buck taken that morning. Anyone else seeing sigh that the bucks are getting up and moving a little more?

buckhunter21

RE: Rut sigh starting to show up?

Postby buckhunter21 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:49 pm

Between hunting last night and walking around one of our properties today, I have counted over 30 scrapes and probably about 12 or so rubs.  I think we're getting there!!!!!  [:D]

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:59 pm

I think we have found over 15 scrapes and at least as many rubs as well.  Also during an antlerless only hunt in mid October seen 2 differn't 1.5 year old bucks during daylight hours just cruising looking for does.  Also had a neighbor shoot a 1.5 year old 8 pointer and had a huge buck come running through right after he shot his buck.  

Goose

Postby Goose » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:18 pm

I agree, I think the bigger guys are starting to scrape and rub but know its not time yet meanwhile the 1.5's are getting the itch and don't know any better so they're harassing the doe's.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

billcurry

RE: Rut sign starting to show up?

Postby billcurry » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:39 pm

I would have to agree the buck sign is pickin up pace fast.  I was out 4 days ago checking the usual spots for scrapes and rubs and I only found just a few.  I went back today to hang stands and check out some other areas...WOW!!! Tons of fresh scrapes and rubs in the last 4 days. 

And its been almost exactly two months to the day since I got a buck on my camera-and I've had over 500 pics since Aug 23 and they were all anterless deer!  Got 2 bucks on camera both 2.5 and one doe-all after 7 pm checking a real scrape freshened up with HS Tarsal Gland.

I scouted and hung some stands this afternoon not figuring to see any deer cuz it was really windy-it acutally rained for a couple hours on and off in Marquette County.  I was headed to hang my last set and I was looking for the perfect tree when low and behold 5 deer where walking up the trail toward me at 5:20 pm.  It had just stop raining about 10 mintues before and the wind hand died down alot as well. All five busted out and the 5th one was a small buck along with a doe and fawn for sure-not sure of other two.  Needless to say, I found the perfect tree real quick and made a quick mock scrape and headed out.
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. Romans 1:16

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:17 pm

Been seeing bucks starting to chase does in Waupaca county. Had a nice heavy 8 point chase a doe infront of my car had to stop or I woulld have hit him.. Boy would he look good on the wall. at least 130 inches.

Looks like its time to hit the woods hard now it could happen anytime now.

deerhunter125

Postby deerhunter125 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:39 am

i went out hunting yesterday morning and had some scent out and had 4 bucks come in and i took the bigger of the four. a nice nine point the biggest one that i have taken with a bow to date.

i had 10 scrapes around the stand as well.

buckfever

Postby buckfever » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:06 pm

last weekend ive only seen small bucks chasing and cruising, but now a week later and the cold front coming through tomorrow, i think were gonna see some of the bigger bucks up and cruising during more day light hours this weekend in marion. cant wait!!!

juice777

Postby juice777 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:20 pm

A 130" and a 146" shot in my area today. (central WI). seen 6 young
bucks cruising today while on stand. All with noses to the ground, scent checking.
No mature ones seen today (by our group of family and friends anyway). With the
cooler weather coming in, this weekend should be a good time to be in the woods!
Good luck everyone.

hansonca

Postby hansonca » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:35 pm

There was to much sign to count here but now most the scrapes are covered over and only a few remain. So that means that they must be chasing more and don't have time to refresh them all.

Next

Return to Wisconsin