BROADHEADS

If you used our old forum, please read this ...
geraldlefever

BROADHEADS

Postby geraldlefever » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:25 pm

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN REGULAR AND CROSSBOW BROADHEADS. CAN YOU USE REGULAR BROADHEADS IN CROSSBOWS?

kellory

Re: BROADHEADS

Postby kellory » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:48 pm

Welcome to the forum, No need to shout. Please turn off the caps lock, it's considered rude. I hunt with a crossbow as well as a compound. I use the same mechanical's on both bows. I have never used ones made just for crossbows. In fact, I never even heard of them until a couple of years ago. So in answer, They are for the most part interchangeable. Though just like bows, some tunings, and .personal preferences make a difference. As well as what you are hunting.
I had a problem with planing (flat broadhead drifting off path) so I shifted to mechs which shoot like field points. I am not aware of any heads, used on arrows, that can not also be used on crossbow bolts.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

charlie 01

Re: BROADHEADS

Postby charlie 01 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:52 pm

I too use mechanicals on a crossbow, and they are not specifically for a crossbow.They are Rocky Mtn, much like a Rage. I tried a fixed bladed broadhead that I use on my compounds on my crossbow and that did not work well. They dropped much too fast. I would say most, if not all mechanicals would work well on a crossbow. After sighting it in with practice tips, one would do well to try different mech. heads to see which ones perform the best.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

Return to NEW FORUM FAQ