obama that i used to know

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
croz2173

Re: obama that i used to know

Postby croz2173 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:21 am

Please America, show me we havent devolved to the point that we think this is the man who should be leading our country. He swindled us into choosing him four years ago. It should be clear to all that he is taking us away from being a nation of hardworking people who fight to get what is best for them and their family/community, and turning us into a people who will settle for a handout and convince themselves they deserve it.

bobow

Postby bobow » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:23 pm

luvhuntin wrote:listening to the old stump speeches makes me wanna puke.

Listening to him and his minions now makes me want to puke. The lies & deceit is just too much :x I can't watch the news anymore when that crap is spewing.

I hope & pray he and Moochelle get beat so bad it makes their head spin. Of course, if they do, all those that voted against him will be racists.
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:09 pm

Well I guess that makes me a racist then! But not really, because I detest his white half as much as I do his black half.....because they're BOTH Marxists!!!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:40 am

I almost never discuss politics because each person has and is entitled to their own opinion on how they think this country should be run. That's part of what makes this country great.

I'm a registered Independent and I believe both parties are so screwed up it is almost beyond belief. There is way too much extremism in each party, when the fact is that the majority of American's views are somewhere in the middle. Politics should not be like two sides of a coin like it is today and you should not have to flip a coin to pick your extreme. The chances of that coin standing on edge is virtually impossible, but that scenario would probably be the best outcome. The "You're either with me, or you're against me" mentality is too much like a dictatorship and has no place in this country or our society.

There are some good ideas in each party, yet there almost as many horrible ideas on both sides that can and have caused huge problems for this country, Each party has major problems and neither one suits or serves the majority of Americans well. I would prefer a more moderate third party as an option if for no other reason than to cause the extremists in each party to be forced to give a little. It is time to open season on lobbyists who bribe our elected officials to seeing things their way, and that's just plain wrong.

Bush would have had to work at it to screw things up much worse than he did and to allow deregulation so the Banks and Wall Street could play at will was an enormous error. We will be paying for that fiasco for decades. He was the one who refunded the budget surplus and started the bailouts in the span of less than 8 years. Just the same way that Obama's over-spending will end up costing us ALL for generations. Even though our budget was balanced once (and only once in the history of our country) it can happen again. Until we quit sending jobs overseas and allowing foreign companies to operate with such a huge trade imbalance here, we're screwing ourselves totally. I am also a believer in a flat tax rate, no matter how much money you make or how much property you own. If you're not paying your fair share, you should not be allowed to enjoy the freedoms of the country.

Do yourself and us all a favor and consider what you spend your money on. It is worth it to pay a few more cents to buy an American made product and keep our fellow citizens working as opposed to buying foreign goods and encouraging more of a trade imbalance. Buying American will increase competition, encourage growth in this country, and keep our money here. Do it for your self, your neighbors, and your friends.

Personally, I'm sick and tired of being bombarded by political ads on TV, radio, and on the internet. I would rather see the money that's pissed away on political advertizing go towards something constructive, like books for schools, or building the infrastructure of this country. Don't tell me how good you are for this country, prove it by doing good deeds with money that wasn't yours to start with. In England, they allow only 6 weeks for candidates to make their case and campaign to get votes & that's it. If a candidate can't make their case in 6 weeks, then they probably didn't deserve to be elected. Do we really need to here such marathon rhetoric as we are currently subjected to? Should our elected officials be allowed to spend so much time and effort away from running this country? I think NOT. They seem too willing to hijack the airwaves to lie about what they stand for or how qualified they are to run this country. It never works out the way they claim it will and reality is a terribly long way from reality.

Just how I see it.

*Stepping off my soapbox and ending my part of this political discussion*

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:38 pm

AMEN to that Jim, amen.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:44 pm

Cut-N-Run (The Truth Finishing Hammer) ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:10 pm

I agree with the bulk of what Jim stated

I do disagree with the buy american products or your doing harm to the country mentality though...

The cold truth is that 99-100% of all of us have more than a few products in our homes that were made in China or elsewhere..read the tags people...

This country was and is founded by Immigrants from all over the world...everyone of us has Family trees that go back to foreign lands and countries. Buy american!!...sure made in America ,but with foreign parts??..happens daily..with the auto industry and others.

Heck when work was real slow .i filled in at a furniture store...The liquidators sold ''AMERICAN FURNITURE'' with a big American flag in the logo....turn the furniture upside down '''made in Vietnam''.

My point is that even when you think your buying an American product it may be assembled here ,but with foreign parts..or vise versa.
And its not all bad...yes i would like to see more American made products....but when you follow the trails of parts and products you realize most everything we own is foreign made.

Part of the freedoms we all enjoy as ''AMERICANS'' is the choice to buy what we want...were are your arrows from?...your hunting clothes ? boots ? etc etc... Sorry if this makes me appear ''less patriotic'' to some of you .but it is fact..not my idea.

I also have a lengthy family that has served this country in all branches of the military..i was born and raised here ...so the fact is i am no less more American than you....I own a Toyota truck and i know this infuriates some guys ...i bought it from an American with money i earned from my job..i pay taxes here ..and Im not one bit less patriotic or doing a dis-service buying a foreign made truck or Import beer.

Im done here-

MatthewUSMC8791

Postby MatthewUSMC8791 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:26 pm

yup he's not very positive for the working man... no doubt it seems like it didn't work...

BUT..... do you think ROMney will.. known fact rupublicans do not care one bit about the working man....
They both are liars adn the working man will never stand a chance...
Semper Fi, Matthew

Bows: TENPOINT Stealth XLT & Horton XS. Rifles: Savage Custom 116FL 300 Win.Mag w/ Harrell's MB, SGS Stock w/Comp.Lug and Comp Trigger. KW’s ExtMag, 30”Brux Barrel (.930”), 40MOA base, Seekin Rings, NightForce 5-22x50 w/NPR1

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:30 am

Well personally speaking, this working man has worked for himself for the past 35 years, and at least Romney RECOGNIZES what a small businessman is, and understands that we are the basis for any economic recovery that will occur.

Obama doesn't understand what business is, and what he does think about us he hates. He and his policies are like an anvil on our chests while we are knocked down and trying to get back up.

Romney would not have been my first choice. But he's the ONLY choice we now have between getting back on our feet again and economic Armegeddon.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:20 am

Romney made some big promises last night in his speech at the RNC concerning creating jobs and easing the tax burdens on the middle class working man.

No candidate is ever going to be perfect, but it sounds to me like Romney at least has the right idea for where the USA needs to head in order to pull ourselves out of this mess we've sunken into.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic