obama that i used to know

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
MatthewUSMC8791

Re: obama that i used to know

Postby MatthewUSMC8791 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:44 am

everyone i hope realizes that they both lie... they promise you everything and give you nothing.. they are both liers and thiefs. JMO
Comparing two people like that is not only difficult but insane. As a standard practice, republicans are for big business and for the wealthest people in the country and then the dems want to give all of the govt's money away for free. its crazy... i just wish it were better.
Semper Fi, Matthew

Bows: TENPOINT Stealth XLT & Horton XS. Rifles: Savage Custom 116FL 300 Win.Mag w/ Harrell's MB, SGS Stock w/Comp.Lug and Comp Trigger. KW’s ExtMag, 30”Brux Barrel (.930”), 40MOA base, Seekin Rings, NightForce 5-22x50 w/NPR1

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:11 pm

I suppose we could have co-presidents. ;)
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:22 pm

The government's money??? The government doesn't HAVE any money. That's OUR money that they give away, squander and mismanage.

And what you say about the Republicans sounds like it comes from the DNC playbook. I am certainly NOT wealthy by anyone's standards, and my business would not be considered small, but microscopic and the only thing I've ever gotten from Democrat leadership is MORE taxes, MORE regulation, and a business climate that has put me on my knees.

Do they lie? Of COURSE they lie! They're politicians. But they're all we have, and if Romney doesn't make good on his promises, then we'll throw HIS behind out and get someone else. At least I LIKE what he's promising. That's a hell of alot more than what Barry The Bolshevik is saying.

"You didn't built that!"

So tell me Mr. President who's never held a real job or run anything even as small as a lemonade stand,

"HOW THE HELL WOULD YOU KNOW???"
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

scottflesher

Postby scottflesher » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:39 am

I think the best thing we could do as a country is overhaul the tax code and make a flat tax. That way someone pays their "fair share" which is the same (relatively speaking) as the next guy. I think 15% sounds about right. While I know this may be controversial, I also think we should eliminate (thus simplify) most of the tax code. Suppose we went with a 15% flat tax, then that should be the amt witheld from our paychecks. (i've seen people declare 10 exeptions (when they only have 3) spend it all and then not be able to pay up on their tax bill. While i'm all about freedom, I'm also abour personal responsiblity, and when a person can't be personally responsible it's time to take action. Same goes with someone getting a big refund. (I'm not a fan of giving the govt an interest free loan either). Same with deductions and credits, heck with all that. (even the mortgage deduction), if you can't afford the payments and interest, then don't buy the property. I think eventually the interest rates would "adjust" for the lack of deductions (regarding mortgage interest).

I think a flat tax would help mitigate the class warfare argument, at least from a monetary standpoint. I think then the govt would need to take a lesson from Woodsie's business and learn to "adjust" as times change. If unemployment goes up (less tax revenue) then spending needs to decrease to keep the budget in check.

I also agree with alot of what Jim said. I'm a hardcore conservative, however when it comes to traditional issues such as abortion, i'm more in the middle. I don't know what's right or wrong on that topic and i see both arguments, however there's exceptions to every rule so it ain't black and white. Also, last time I checked, i'm not god and we live in America. So others have the freedom to make their own decisions and must live with the outcome, and because i'm not the creator, he'll judge them based on the circumstances, not me.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:04 pm

I agree on the social issues. With abortion ultimately that's between you and God. Just don't ask me to PAY for it.......
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

luvhuntin

Postby luvhuntin » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:59 pm

Wow take a trip to north Dakota and look what happens i`m really in line with most of what`s posted already.
I`m not a water carrier for anyone i will vote every time, sometimes for myself and if i donate to your campaign and your not where i want you to be on my issues, sorry i`ll tell ya so and thank you for not pestering me anymore.

I have a problem with any kind of fetal termination though I just do`nt see how it is an unborn child`s fault how it was conceived but still suffers the fate of never breathing air. you could even talk me into a new federal welfare program to house and help women till childbirth who were pregnant from assault, of course there`s the whole stay outta my womb argument, but it just is not right no matter what.

had a great time in north Dakota though!
Attachments
lotta yard.jpg
lotta yard.jpg (594.43 KiB) Viewed 489 times
stump lake.jpg
stump lake.jpg (552.09 KiB) Viewed 489 times
nd sunrise.jpg
nd sunrise.jpg (355.58 KiB) Viewed 489 times

scottflesher

Postby scottflesher » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:46 am

Woods Walker wrote:I agree on the social issues. With abortion ultimately that's between you and God. Just don't ask me to PAY for it.......

Agree with you Woodsie, that's where personal responsiblity comes in.

I do think the strong should take care of the weak (I also believe in survivial of the fittest too) but when the weak include the lazy and irresponsible, that's when I draw the line.

bobow

Postby bobow » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:56 pm

I am just curious. Where is all the outrage of Obamagedon not showing up in Louisiana yet?

All I remember from Katrina that Bush didn't act fast enough, FEMA should have been there three weeks before & to top it off, Bush steered the storm just to kill off demorats.

It couldn't possibly be politics. It seems the polling in LA is not favorable to Barry & his party at this time.

Thanks Woods for pointing out to those who don't get it, the Gubmit has no money. They steal it and waste it to buy votes in too many cases. And now wanting to cut the military to pay for more handouts? That is insane and it is embarrassing :evil:

Sorry for the rant but it is driving me crazy to watch what is going on & what Barackalypse is doing to our country.
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

scottflesher

Postby scottflesher » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:43 pm

IMO Bush wasn't a very good president either.
However I do think he receives a bad rap, again IMO and I don't claim to be a presidential scholar/historian.

I've heard that those in path of Katrina's destruction blame Bush for not taking action quick enough, but if i'm not mistaken wasn't the mayor of New Orleans a democrat? I'm interested to hear the liberal side of the story regarding what Bush could have done differently which would have resulted in a significantly different outcome. Assuming we keep hindsight is 20/20 in mind.
Also the war. I'm not a fan of war, but when folks knock two of our buildings down, destroy the pentagon and we lose brave Americans in a Pennsylvania field, I say we need to teach them a lesson about messing with us. What I disagree with the war is the political correctness of it. I don't want to harm innocent civilians, but that's sometimes what happens. Perhaps that would allow their own people to regulate the extremism.

One of my best friends is a mid ranking military officer (west point grad). He has served several tours in Iraq/Afg regions. He feels that if we didn't have so many "war regulation" put on by our political "desk jockies" we'd been in and out in a few months. Don't shoot unless you're shot at, must get approval before you engage an enemy, limit collateral damage. etc. makes war very unfair against our soilders.

I guess as I think back, there's plenty of things that Bush could have/should have done differently. But can't we all say the same about our own lives? I think many of the accucations against Bush are based on many assumptions we can't necessarily prove.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:37 pm

Well let's bring things back to the center ring here.

Was Bush the perfect President? NO! Did he help to drive our economy into a ditch? You betcha'. But.......

Last I looked, Bush hasn't been President for almost 4 years, and this thread is about OBAMA, who coincidentaly IS the President and is also seeking another term because the destruction he wants isn't quite complete yet...wait....did I say that? My bad! He's seeking another term because he's done so well for us so far.....wait again....that sounds just as ludicrous as the first statement!

Fact is, while Bush may have driven off the road and into a ditch, Obama et.al. is running us off a CLIFF!!!

Amateur hour is about over. We now need someone with actual managerial and executive credentials and a track record to show it take over this job. Lord knows he's got his work cut out for him. I give him one year for us to start at least seeing the beginning of some real improvement. If we don't, then we start looking for someone else!

I'm a businessman. I make commitments to my customers for goods/sevices. If I fail to deliver, or perform poorly then I get bounced and someone else takes over, and rightly so. I expect no different from our elected officials who WORK FOR US!!!!

HACK IT OR PACK IT!!!

Obama ain't hackin' so he'd better start packin'! :x
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic