Antler Illness

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
msbadger

RE: Antler Illness

Postby msbadger » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:36 pm

WHDH...these guys are very polite...I being a woman who hunts married to a man that fishes.....I'll say this... your a lucky woman that he hunts ...which usually takes place in the fall leaving a good part of the year free and isn't sitting bellied up to a bar drinking and peeing a pay check away...having been a night club manager there are MANY of those guys around....you could actually try out taking an interest in his passion and even get the kids involved...I taught my kids to bow hunt and Mr. B taught them gunning and fishing...we all look forward to hunt camp...playing gin and telling jokes ..cooking and eating together it's family time....then perhaps he'd take some stress from you and look into what you find enjoyable....just a thought...from a woman married 29 yrs in Oct.........

fowler

Postby fowler » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:12 pm

I didnt let the meat go to waste. I have alot respect for the whietails that I harvest. About two years ago I was hunting this same land that only I could go on. I saw a small 6 point that I had passed up at first light, drop dead in his tracks not 20 yards away. I saw a hunter nearby so walked up to him to see why he was there. He gave me a line of BS then said he had shot at a buck. I told him his deer was dead not 100 yard away. after I told him it was a little six  point he said the deer he had shot at was bigger  he walked off right away in a hurry. I had to burn my buck tag up on this deer because I couldnt stand to see a deer go to waste. I have this land on lock down for 08 thanks to some very understanding owners letting me post this land.
  Thanks for the response and have a great deer season. DF 
killing big bucks the right way.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:32 am

took the quiz turns out im a saint in the deer hunting world[:D] got a 23
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:48 am

ORIGINAL: JOEL

took the quiz turns out im a saint in the deer hunting world[:D] got a 23

You bloody heathen. I scored a 9, but I was afraid to tell anyone about it, you all might think I'm not motivated or something......[:)]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:03 am

I scored a 25 probably more like 28 I see a couple I could have went higher with.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:49 am

would have scored lower but taking a year off to go hunting does sound like fun[:D]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

LiveOutdoors1

Postby LiveOutdoors1 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:39 am

Great Post Woods Walker. There is nothing to add to your last 3 paragraphs. Good luck this year.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:56 am

ORIGINAL: LiveOutdoors1

Great Post Woods Walker. There is nothing to add to your last 3 paragraphs. Good luck this year.

Thanks! Same back at you..........
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

buckfarmdude

Postby buckfarmdude » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:52 am

I scored 24 on this quiz. My highest point score on any one question was the one about holding out on a hunting buddy. This question, however, is not very specific. I wouldn't hold out very long, because if they got worried about where I was, a search party would mess up the hunt worse than leaving earlier than I would hope for. At the same time, this one relates to the one about legal hunting light, which I got a zero on. I never stay more than two or three minutes after legal shooting light (there could be a difference between my watch and the warden's!) because I wouldn't want to take the chance on accidentally killing a doe I thought may have been a buck. I would stay late, however, to give deer I know are there a chance to clear the area so I won't spook them.

Psalm 42:1 "As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for Thee O God."

Hudson Buckmaster

Postby Hudson Buckmaster » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:00 am

I guess I'm either lucky or stupid.. or maybe a little of both.

Why lie about hunting to the wife? Talk about stupid... she expects me to be out hunting all fall. Last weekend she even came along and help me move some tree stands for gun opener next weekend. She's glad I have a hobby (okay, maybe a little more like an obsession).

When she doesn't come to the farm with me she hangs out with the daughter and they watch chick flicks, go shopping, lay around and be lazy, etc.... She's just glad the kids are all grown now and either go with me or aren't taking up all her time in my prolonged absences.

Come on you young bucks, grow some huntas!!!! It's a good clean hobby, keeps you out of the bars (for the most part) and gives you time to think and clear your head. You can visit the in-laws all winter long. Take her shopping every weekend after the close of the season. But this is our time! Get out there, hunt hard, hunt long!

p.s.- If my wife reads this I disavow all knowledge of just who this Hudson Buckmaster is!
Da Buckmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features