Deer Carts?

loneranger

Deer Carts?

Postby loneranger » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:27 pm

Does anyone know of a good brand of deer hauling cart.? My old one finally gave out. I have been reading comments on some of the popular brands and have read bad reviews, wheels falling off, etc.

fasteddie

RE: Deer Carts?

Postby fasteddie » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:57 pm

Where have you seen the reviews . I have been considering getting a cart . They have 3 models on the Sportsman's Guide site . Guide Gear and Game Carry carts ......

loneranger

Postby loneranger » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:07 am

I have checked reviews all over,,Cabelas, amozom. From what I have read the Sportsmans guide stuff is not very good. Don't get one with plastic wheel spokes. The ameristep Grizzly,on sale now at Cabelas, or the Cabelas brand Super mag hauler are the best. The Cabelas brand has 87 reviews on it and most are very positive. In fact that is the cart I had for many yrs. I hauled alot on it but last season I guess the frame had had enough. It bent with my deer on it. I am leaninf twards the Grizzly,mostly because I don't have 150$. Irt is a little narrower than the Cabelas though.

wack

Postby wack » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:11 am

I was going to make one out of a ladder stand. Kids never use there bikes anymore but don't want to part with the wheels. lol I want something that's easy to get out into the woods, be able to use it as a stand and carry my deer out with. If you could make it quiet, light weight and easy to use, yet easy to handle a 300# load or better as a cart or a stand, now we are talkin'! lol
American by birth, hunter by choice.

vipertech

Postby vipertech » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:13 am

I once bought one of those hand golf carts from a second-hand sporting goods store and used it once to haul a deer out.  Worked pretty good for only spending $20!!   I should mention that I did not have to go too far and the trail was pretty smooth.

My parents bought me a $100 deer cart for Christmas '99.  I used it to haul out 2 deer.  Both times, I had to cross a plowed field.  It was tough going.  The wheels would hang up in the ruts. In the woods itself, the cart was a bit cumbersome to get over logs and whatnot.  Still, It was overall easier than dragging the deer on the ground.  I do not recall the model but it folded up pretty good and had decent sized wheels.

Another idea that some say works great are those roll up plastic snow sleds.  Figure out a way to tie the deer to the sled and it apparently glides silky smooth over the ground making dragging much easier.  I've never tried it myself.

In my case, I have a 4-wheeler (bought in '03) which solves all of my dragging problems!  [:D]  I never hunt without my 4-wheeler.  To me, it is as important a tool as either my bow or guns.  Mine has paid for itself many times over as far as saving my back from dragging deer out of the woods.

Return to Misc. Accessories