a New gear shelf...

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
msbadger

a New gear shelf...

Postby msbadger » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:21 am

So ...being cheap...I recycle...as you all know...this shelf is one such recycle...Needed a new shower caddy this one had the vinyl coating cracking and it was rusty...so cleaned and dried...then spray painted 2x's. I added a "wall" of duct tape inside and out..taped tape on it's self so nothing could slip out and making it tall enough so bino's are safe....took about 15mins. to make...the replacement caddy cost me $6 at big lots so to buy a new caddy and do this is fairly inexpensive...I'll be hanging this one in a favorite tree stand off a tree step...
Attachments
IMG_0938.JPG
IMG_0938.JPG (62.86 KiB) Viewed 753 times
IMG_0937.JPG
IMG_0937.JPG (73.52 KiB) Viewed 753 times
IMG_0936.JPG
IMG_0936.JPG (55.76 KiB) Viewed 753 times
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

Wanderer

Re: a New gear shelf...

Postby Wanderer » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:13 pm

Thanks Chris,
Great Idea.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Actually badgie, that's a great idea.

But I had to give a little chuckle, because in our shower my wife has that thing FULL of who-knows-what potions/lotions/shampoos/ moistureizers/conditioners, etc. PLUS a shelf that's on the wall outside the shower!!

I have one itsy-bitzy corner with one bar of unscented soap, my razor, and stick deodorant. It's great to be a guy!!!!

(And.....we can pee almost anywhere!!!)
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:37 am

What can you do with a toothpick, gum and tinfoil??!!! :D

Ms Badger Macgyver!

Nice work/idea
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:58 am

Thanks guys...I'm just a cheap old Irish woman....lol
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:43 pm

Interesting idea Ma'am, I like it when people actually think! and even more when they share it. The only suggestion I might have for it would be to use underbody rust proofing instead of paint. It would not rust, would be non-skid and bark colored. Well done.

Side note: perhaps we should start a thread on home built hunting tools? DIY and how to: 's
I wonder if they could add a section like (treestands) for home built hunting DIY projects, People could share their methods, and designs :idea:
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:53 pm

....and the personal injury/liability lawyers will have a field day!

But I have made a lot of my own gear over the years. I shoot a bow with my fingers, and I make my own glove...although it's feally not a full glove.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:39 pm

Woods Walker wrote:....and the personal injury/liability lawyers will have a field day!

But I have made a lot of my own gear over the years. I shoot a bow with my fingers, and I make my own glove...although it's feally not a full glove.

Naw, a simple disclaimer "you are own your own" should cover it.. Besides< I'm not talking about "How to drill your own rifle barrel" or "Learn to reload in ten minutes or less, in your spare time. "
I'm talking about Tower stands, deer carts, hunting caddys, How to build a Meat pole, How to hang a unfamiliar type of stand. These ideas are floating around around here now, but scattered.
Put them together for the DIY'ers to find and use as they wish. Just like recipes. Just because it is a fish recipe does not make it safe, if you are allergic to fish. Common sense must rule here.

Besides, I haven't met anyone here that stupid or low. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:54 pm

"Common sense....."

Ain't all that common!!!! :o
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

1-GTOHunter

Postby 1-GTOHunter » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Great idea MSBadger....whats that last Red "Thinga Ma Jiggy" hanging on the basket/shelf? :? ;)

Next

Return to Off Topic