Anyone else...

ranwin33

Anyone else...

Postby ranwin33 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:29 am

...heading out this week?

I plan to take the last part of the week off and do some serious hunting.  Wish things were a little cooler, but I'll take what I can get.

Guess it's youth deer season this Saturday and Sunday.  In another 7-8 years I'll be able to take my granddaugher.

“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

JPH

RE: Anyone else...

Postby JPH » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:40 am

I start vacation on Friday. Will be off for several weeks. I have any deer and antlerless tags in both Iowa and Missouri. I'll be around camp a lot.

Let's get together Ranwin33.

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:42 pm

Just for scouting.  I'll check the trail cam I moved to bottom ground two weeks ago. I will also set up on a ridge with a spotting scope overlooking the river bottom and watch the deer come out near dusk. It's almost as fun as hunting.

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:00 pm

I will be for the next 4 weekend's going out for a buck.  First 3 with my bow and the last weekend will be with the gun.  Planning on sitting almost all day, just coming in for a bit to eat otherwise im spending the day in the woods.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:33 am

ORIGINAL: JPH

I start vacation on Friday. Will be off for several weeks. I have any deer and antlerless tags in both Iowa and Missouri. I'll be around camp a lot.

Let's get together Ranwin33.

Sounds good - I'll be around this week from Wednesday evening until Saturday evening.  Have to head back then to attend my granddaughter's christening Sunday a.m.

Give me a call if you have time, I'll also be around 11/12-11/16. 

Got stuck at work the opening week of gun season so will miss that Monday through Friday (11/17-21).[:@]  That's just not right!
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:34 am

ORIGINAL: Robert Rowland

Just for scouting.  I'll check the trail cam I moved to bottom ground two weeks ago. I will also set up on a ridge with a spotting scope overlooking the river bottom and watch the deer come out near dusk. It's almost as fun as hunting.

I know what you mean.  I love to watch deer, there is always something I learn from the experience.
Aldo Leopold

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:35 am

ORIGINAL: gunther89

I will be for the next 4 weekend's going out for a buck.  First 3 with my bow and the last weekend will be with the gun.  Planning on sitting almost all day, just coming in for a bit to eat otherwise im spending the day in the woods.

Do you hunt Missouri, if so what part?

Best of luck on getting that buck.
Aldo Leopold

Return to Missouri